CAtuned Off-Road 1Ton Runner V8

bkg

Explorer
OP... curious the results of the link calculator... have you run this through that tool yet?

^ I feel ya. I'm a licensed mechanic and a fabricator, I grew up with a father who was fabricating transport trailers before I was born and is still active in his trade as well. I know pretty welds aren't always strong, and strong welds aren't always pretty. Just like the internet has convinced people that a car has to have nearly 1000hp to be "fast"; yet they've never driven anything with even 400hp.

WRT your earlier comment about it being a tall truck, doesn't look like it will be too bad considering it's on 40s, but I feel like they'll be hard-pressed to balance the ride height with adequate up-travel with that big-a** pumpkin hanging out up there.

Dana 60's fit under Tacomas and 4Runners. It's a tight fit around the 4.0 V6 oil pan, but they actually tuck up nicely right next to it. I have never built a V8 truck with a D60 so I don't know what the OP is up against, but I suspect he's in for a bit of trouble.

But...judging from the pics we've seen thus far, the tall height might make that a moot point.

And while we're on the topic of travel, bump, compression...whatever you want to call it, what IS acceptable? Four inches is minimum in my book, but I regularly set them up at five inches and they work fine. Remember, you rarely compress the front suspension evenly, unless you're going off a jump, and with the geometry of the axle under articulation, four inches at the shock (or bumpstop) is going to be five to seven inches at the tire.

AaronK

Explorer
No issues with the shock reservoirs essentially being on a hot plate?

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan