Chinese Trailer - NJStar Explorer

kbahus

Adventurer
How did we go from a discussing a budget imported trailer and the import process to a dealer selling the same budget trailer for double the price? At close to $50k it defeats the point of buying one of these in my opinion.

Runmorun

How did we go from a discussing a budget imported trailer and the import process to a dealer selling the same budget trailer for double the price? At close to $50k it defeats the point of buying one of these in my opinion.

If you want to buy direct from the manufacturer you can, looking at 30k with import fees, duty, and last mile transport. If you want someone to do the work for you and deal with the entire process of importing and delivery you can pay for that. Even at 45k it's a better product than anything else in the price point.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

These rigs seem to be a step above other Chinese made units but I do have a few questions.

The electronics are all Chinese made and I wonder about the quality and replacement parts.

Some of the welds look very sloppy. I have seen lots of welding operations but have never welded anything. Does sloppy mean they could fail?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240418_082657_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240418_082657_Chrome.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 22

Runmorun

These rigs seem to be a step above other Chinese made units but I do have a few questions.

The electronics are all Chinese made and I wonder about the quality and replacement parts.

Some of the welds look very sloppy. I have seen lots of welding operations but have never welded anything. Does sloppy mean they could fail?

I had my rig looked at by those with welding experience and they felt it was sturdy and no visable issues, but definitely messy. As for the electrical components, they use EU/UL certified parts. I went through mine and checked after receiving. Good friend is an electrical contractor and he was impressed by the wiring of the system and thought it was good quality wires and connections. Its not a complicated set up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior