Composition Guidelines?

pwc

Explorer
I rarely use a tripod except with night shots. I used to use one, but don't any more. I like the freedom but understand teh slow down idea. I try to do it mentaly now.

articulate

Expedition Leader
bigreen505 said:
Tripods are very good because they force you to slow down and consider what you are doing. I always have one with me, but I would be lying if I said I used it a lot. I will use it when I can, but I like to move around a lot.
:pROFSheriffHL:
Agreed. I always have one, but rarely use it - until dusk/dawn and overcast conditions. I almost never use a film faster than ISO 100 and have never tried push/pull processing, so a tripod and remote shutter release ensures sharp photos. But who's reading now? You probably stopped when you saw the word film.

If you read the photographer's guidelines for Overland Journal, they reserve the right to chop off your shutter finger if you don't use a tripod.

Last Minute Addition: attached a photo. A tripod is necessary for one of these, too. :) Hmmmm, looks like good tripod technique would also align the horizon better . . .

Last edited:

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
I kept reading after you used the "F"-word. I have a few film cameras I really like, though find that I shoot mostly DSLR these days...

articulate said:
:pROFSheriffHL:
Agreed. I always have one, but rarely use it - until dusk/dawn and overcast conditions. I almost never use a film faster than ISO 100 and have never tried push/pull processing, so a tripod and remote shutter release ensures sharp photos. But who's reading now? You probably stopped when you saw the word film.

If you read the photographer's guidelines for Overland Journal, they reserve the right to chop off your shutter finger if you don't use a tripod.

Last Minute Addition: attached a photo. A tripod is necessary for one of these, too. :) Hmmmm, looks like good tripod technique would also align the horizon better . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior