Condor Tactical

NuggetHoarder

Adventurer
I'm only familiar with their molle gear. Condor is not that bad. They have a bad rap because it's made in China but the prices are incredibly cheap compared to American made molle gear. I've heard that their quality has improved greatly over the past year.

Make sure you read all the buyer's comments on the Condor site and on whatever retailer's site you're buying from. That's saved me from a few mistakes.

BTW, cheaperthandirt.com carries almost the entire Condor line and they have a pretty low markup.

85CUCV

Adventurer
I've been considering one of their Phantom soft shell jackets. Guys I kinow that have them are happy with the price vs quality.

Dan

NuggetHoarder

Adventurer
I was talking to someone about this last night and they said to be wary of the zippers. They are not self-repairing and will blow out if you put too much pressure on them. I don't have any first hand knowledge of that though.

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
We have a couple of their double rifle bags that we use for transporting our AR's. While we haven't put them to any sort of extreme test, they seem to be well made.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Molle gear is heavy enough but Condor gear seems to add to that weight with thicker materials. For clothing I've only used some hats and the dyes they used were not the best. Fasteners have been inconsistent in quality. Definitely throw-away hats that you can abuse and not care about losing.

In my very biased opinion, the best softshells are made of Polartec "Power Shield" material. I don't know what Condor uses.

Nice deal on Lowe Alpine Jacket:
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/lo..._campaign=PCGOOGLEBASE11&codes-processed=true

I lived in my Arcteryx jacket and pants for 2 weeks in Alaska and the Powershield material is awesome.

Apparently there is a Power Sheid Pro version out now that is supposed to be even better.

My next favorite softshell materiall is Windstopper.

irish_11

Explorer
I have one of their rifle cases that I have beat up for 3-4 years now. The zipper failed two months ago. Like everyone else has said watch out for the zippers. But I have a few friends who have their jackets and they really like them.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
We have a couple of their double rifle bags that we use for transporting our AR's. While we haven't put them to any sort of extreme test, they seem to be well made.

Likewise. So far so good.
I also have their tear away EMT pouch and it seems pretty good.

67flat4

I currently have the Summit #602 and love it...
I will be buying another when the one I have is up. I work outside in the rain and it just beads up and rolls off. Nice and quiet, vents well if temps are between wearing it and not. Got it as a gift for X=mas last year and so far so good. the zipper is starting to get a little difficult.

It is not warm but add a hoodie and you're snow bound. They run small so get a size larger. I'm normally a large and my Summit is an XL.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I have on of there backpacks and it has held up well considering the price. (half the cost of competitors) but the little pull rope in the zippers does not hold up to being pulled one. The zippers have not failed, they are just hard to close without a pull string.

Plannerman

Wandering Explorer
I picked up one of their range bags a few weeks ago and am so far quite impressed. Seem to be fairly heavy duty construction. We'll see how it holds up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior