Condor Tactical

raven1911

Observer
They are great jackets. Go to youtube and type in nutnfancy. He has a very good review of the jacket you are looking at! Highly recommended.

Retarius

Observer
Condor may have improved their quality but I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. They makeup garbage which will fall apart with any use. Their zippers fail, and seams might as well have been glued together with elmers glue. Their equipment was originally made and geared towards airsoft. I have seen their pouches fail with 3 days use and jackets fail just as fast. I've learned through blowing my hard money that anything that looks like tactical gear s
hould be bought from reputable manufacturer.

I am speaking from light infantry experiance

prometheus

Menagerist
Rgr that!

Condor may have improved their quality but I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. They makeup garbage which will fall apart with any use. Their zippers fail, and seams might as well have been glued together with elmers glue. Their equipment was originally made and geared towards airsoft. I have seen their pouches fail with 3 days use and jackets fail just as fast. I've learned through blowing my hard money that anything that looks like tactical gear s

EnjoyProgress

I recently went to the shot show and saw the entire range of tactical gear from the lowest to the highest from many different companies. Condor is not anywhere near the highest grade nor is it the lowest. If you can't afford the best Condor isn't the worst you could go with. Fox tactical is lower quality while being basically the same stuff if you compare the designs. Believe me you can go much lower in quality. Much, much lower.

Personally I am quite pleased with their small pouches.

RLM975

Wannabe Oberlander
Price for Condor versus fit and finish of 5.11 (which we can get both locally), Condor is well worth it. Officers I work with own a decent amount of Condor gear. So far it stands up to the rigours of a nuclear power plant (off n on n off as you cycle in n out of hardened positions, lots of potential snag/rip/tear opportunities).

762X39

Explorer
I picked up one of their range bags a few weeks ago and am so far quite impressed. Seem to be fairly heavy duty construction. We'll see how it holds up.
I was going to purchase a shotgun scabbard from them but opted for an Eberlestock instead. The quality, fit and finish is 10 times that of the Condor, well worth the less than 25% premium. Plus at least this way, I kept some north american workers employed.That is worth at least 25% especially because the quality is so much higher.

67flat4

Quick update on my 602
It's still works great.
Still water tight.
Worn everyday through the winter. (albeit a very mild bay area winter)
Zipper is still very functional but you can tell its worn a little.
It gets my recommendation!

BigAl

Expedition Leader
Does any one have any experience with this gear?

http://www.condoroutdoor.com/

I bought a molle shotgun scabbard from them that it really well made
runin.jpg

X2 Except Airborne Infantry ;)

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
i understand buying the real thing, and probably would more often if it was more cost effective for me. i have been lurking round here for a while before i registered. im prior service, currently in law enforcement and am a proud American. maybe the real thing manufactures need to realize not everyone buying this stuff has a po number waiting to pay the tab. i know about tight budgeted living. the reason you have all these tactical goodie manufactures is to try and get the govt business they dont care about john q public. in their mind we do not effect their bottom line. so they sure aren't gonna effect mine either. besides there are plenty of people of means that by this stuff then sell it because its not the flavor of the day. i got straps and alice pack thats good enough for me.

aerozeta

If Condor's gear is heavy with the fabric they are using, try Maxpedition. Maxpedition uses double of PU coating to make their bags and packs stiffs and abrasive as hell.

I own a Condor softshell, it's economic and serves its purpose, nothing fancy, and I get to keep more money in my pocket to buy other things.

zombiekilla

Zombie Killa
I was talking to someone about this last night and they said to be wary of the zippers. They are not self-repairing and will blow out if you put too much pressure on them. I don't have any first hand knowledge of that though.

The zipper they use is YKK. I own a sewing machine which I make, modify, and repair outdoor gear of my own; I'll share some insights. Doesn't matter which company is using YKK, people trust the name of YKK in zipper, but it isn't neccessarily the best in some applications.

In this case, which I happen to own a Condor softshell. The material is decent, not top of the line and you won't get top of the line unless you want to pay $200+ for a jacket. The dual head zipper suffers from a choppy operation; it's very hard to line up the coil style zipper with 2 zipper heads. But once you line them up, they work flawlessly. You can try to break them in, which it takes a while... But for the price paid, I have no other complaint.

zombiekilla

Zombie Killa
Quick update on my 602
It's still works great.
Still water tight.
Worn everyday through the winter. (albeit a very mild bay area winter)
Zipper is still very functional but you can tell its worn a little.
It gets my recommendation!

Mine is 602 as well. I wear it in the winter too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior