Conqueror wheel bearings

dieselandmud

Adventurer
Bill
http://www.alko.co.za/index.html
I believe this is the company in SA that sales the axles, jack and coupler to Conqueror. Look at your Manufacturer Cerifiate that Dean gave you, at the bottom you will see "Axle Type". Does it say Trialco Solid Beam Axle Maximum Mass: 2500KG?
Chris

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Yes, Chris.

It's back together and working.
The small bearing had no number; after measuring, we went with a Timkin 32005X 92KA1 and it fits well. The large bearing is a 32007.C.
Grease seal is 16519.
The other side looked to be in good shape so I merely scooped out the peanut butter grease and repacked with Mobil-1.

It is a tight fit and oddly shaped affair in there. All things being equal, if I had the keys to the Way-Back-Machine, I'd have bought a new axle and set of hubs and have done with it. Could've matched my Jeeps hub pattern at the same time and eventually run the same wheels.
Live and learn...

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I just returned from 1252 miles with the trailer. From having repacked with high heat grease, I had NO problems. Sure the dust caps were warm to touch when we arrived, but not hot.

Just so you know.

Thanks
Dendy

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
nashvillerover said:
I just returned from 1252 miles with the trailer. From having repacked with high heat grease, I had NO problems. Sure the dust caps were warm to touch when we arrived, but not hot.

Just so you know.

Thanks
Dendy
Good to hear.
When you repacked, did you remove the hub and inspect the spindle? Were there any black marks or signs of prior heat?
On my bad side it looked like the race was beginning to weld itself to the spindle under the outer bearing; that's where the grease was turning to peanut butter.

Dean emailed me that he's going to repack the bearings prior to all future sales of his remaining stock.

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
I have been doing as much research as I can possibly locate on the Conqueror and after reading the first 3.5 pages of this thread I was beginning to get worried. . . . and then I finally saw this . . .

"Dean emailed me that he's going to repack the bearings prior to all future sales of his remaining stock. "

:clapsmile:

Way to go Dean!

(whew)

dieselandmud

Adventurer
Originally Posted by Philip@conqueror
Hallo Bill,

The part numbers for the bearings is 32006 (outer) 32008 (inner) and the seal is a 45x72x10.

I don't know the inch sizes.

Conqueror Regards

Philip de Vries
philip@conqueror.co.za
Reply from the factory rep:

EDIT: The bearing numbers from the factory rep turned out to be incorrect; do not order these for your Conqueror!!!

Not totally incorrect! The bearings numbers are for the Base Camp model.
Picked up mine at Applied Industrial Technologies. Very pricey but they where kind enough to measure the original bearings for me. Races included with metric bearings.
Timken
32006x92KA1 $26.80
32008xM90KM1 $25.51

Seal SKF
564133 $6.64

XJBANKER

Explorer
I had Dean repack mine before it was sent and I am glad that he did. After our 5 hour drive home from Moab doing 70mph the caps were luke warm if even that so I think I am good for now. Although a new axle with electric barakes is on my wish list.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I met with Kenny and Rachel for a few days with his new Compact; his trailer came with wrong-sized bearings that didn't come close to fitting. They were just thrown in willy-nillly. He replaced them just in time for the trip.

Not totally incorrect! The bearings numbers are for the Base Camp model.
Interesting, Chris; almost makes sense now.
I edited my previous post to say "Conqueror Compact".

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
So, just to get this right, you have a set of base camp bearings to get rid of ??

mmm, talk to me
The first set of bearings that I bought were exchanged for the second set; sorry.
They might have been for a Basecamp....

Unless I'm on a roadtrip, next time it needs bearings, I'm swapping the axle instead and getting something easy to find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan