Conqueror wheel bearings

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
There is a lip seal behind the inner wheel bearing. Should be able to acquire one with the dimensions he listed.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
The sales gal at Applied didn't know what a lip seal was; I'll tear into it either tonight or tomorrow.
My next door neighbor is a bus mechanic; I'm in good hands.

Thanks again.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
You're welcome.

I should have mentioned earlier that Applied is probably not the only source, but those prices don't look too out of line either.

:cheers:

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Hey, Can you supply us with the info on where to order them?

After reading your post, I got concerned about our trip this weekend. I took the hubs off (one was a bear, and ain't "pretty" anymore!).
I took out all the grease (which simply looked like peanut butter after it has been left out too long— all cracked and dry). I found a High Heat Bearing Grease at the auto store. (blue in color). I packed it all nice and gooey in there.
Put the hubs back on and am ready to rip.

I suspect that since these trailers sat for a while, that the grease that was in them simply got dry. Since this is my first long haul out side of the trip to atlanta, I am hoping to be fine.

By the way, went looking for a bearing buddy to fit. (you have to go to a marine store, ... the camping/tailer worlds don't have them. These hubs are metric and there were none to be found. West Marine suggested I buy grease nibs and bore a hole, tap it, and mount them myself.

I think I will be fine after today, though.

I would like to get an extra set just as spares!

Thanks
Dendy

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Dendy,
Just go to the Applied Tech website and see if there's one near you. http://applied.findlocation.com/ Give them a call and tell them the bearing sizes; tell them you also need an inner grease seal. I also got the dust caps.
They didn't have them in stock so they're drop-shipping to my office.
I bought the SNR's.
I guess I can get some fresh grease too. Or should I just use fresh peanut butter?

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
ntsqd said:
Recommend the smooth, not the chunky.
:sombrero:
Doesn't matter. When you add the banana ('cause everyone knows potassium is key to bearing life) and mash it, the chunks will smooth out.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Well, I hope that nobody ordered bearings based upon the information from the Conqueror rep ---- because it was WRONG.

:smileeek:

The inner is actually a 32007 and the outer is unmarked; my neighbor is going to bring it to applied and try to match it up. The rep's numbers were both quite a bit too big; I wonder if the trailers were shipped sans axles and Larry/Dean fitted their own?
I'm pretty bummed; had the whole thing taken apart and all.

So my Compact is up on the jackstand still. Bare axle staring out into the darkness...

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
dieselandmud said:
Bill
Did the dust cap and inner seal fit?
They didn't find the dust cap (thankfully) and the inner seal was too big as well.

But we had fun playing with the dog, eating cookies, and drinking Scotch.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Dang it! :ar15:

Suggestion: if/when the correct bearing numbers are found edit the first post to include them. Then others looking for the info can find it easily.

Honu

lost on the mainland
or could it have been for the conquest not the compact ?

I wonder if they are dif cause of the brakes etc... I have yet to get time to take mine apart

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Honu said:
or could it have been for the conquest not the compact ?

I wonder if they are dif cause of the brakes etc... I have yet to get time to take mine apart
Wanna buy some bearings...? :bike_rider:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan