Cooking in the field pictures...

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
I enjoy the photography threads on this forum and I thought some of you camp chefs might want to showcase your work! This thread should make you hungry! :chowtime:

Here are a couple of mine. I'm more a meat grillin kind of guy.

1) Grilling some summer squash in Baja 2002
2) Grilling a t-bone over a small fire in Baja 2003
3) Grilling dinner in the Gila NF 2003
4) Bacon & green chili stuffed pork dork with bailing wire to hold it all together! Group camp, Southern NM 2006
5) Fried elk backstrap, CO 2006

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
normal_DCP_1240.JPG

Hot water for morning coffee and oatmeal!
Dry lake bed BLM Land just outside of Joshua Tree NP

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
SOCALFJ said:
Pic 4 :smileeek: :bowdown:

Yeah, that is sweet isn't it? I can't take full credit for that, it was a buddy's home made grill where a group of us were doing some work for a week. It was delicious!

Last edited:

Wanderlusty

Explorer
Steaks, Mashed Potato, Corn

Ouachita NF

Wish I had a picture of the fresh caught Trout we cooked on the camp grill this summer....yummee.

melotaco

Observer
Got Fish?? In the Itenez river in Brazil close to the border of bolivia. We ate so much fish becuase there easy to get. I remeber we got 55 piranhas in half an hour.

scan0065.jpg

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Ursidae69 said:
I thought some of you camp chefs might want to showcase your work!

I'm a recent grad of the GT Culinary Institute. You know, where they teach you to stand around at dinner time with puppy dog eyes, looking single and hungry.... Yeah, it's a great program. I graduated top of my class but I had a heck of a teacher.

I don't shoot animals with a gun when they're alive and breathing and I don't shoot them with a camera when they're dead and cooking. Mini-Mart King here who rules over the land of Corndogs, Diet Coke, premade sammiches and day old doughnuts.

(The Piranha photo is way cool though!)

Here's my contribution to this tastey thread -

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
Mammoth Lakes, July 2006.

6lb 24in Alpers Trout. This is the first fish I caught with a lure.
IMG_6944.jpg

whitethaiger

Adventurer
Good idea for a thread! It's making me hungry though:eatchicke

Too bad we don't always take pics of our food, but I found a few:

1) Brazilian BBQ & can of beans (Anza Borrego, 2004)
2) Pork Loin with stir fried vegetables (Sierra Madre, 2006)
3) Chicken casserole with fresh salad (Mohave, 2005)
4) Shrimp on fresh tomatoes and dill covered with Feta, baked (Mohave, 2005)
5) Kangaroo Oven used for the baking dishes
6) Kebobs, Cous-cous, pita bread and vegetables (Mohave, 2004)
7) Fresh strawberries on short cake with cream
8) Impromptu apple cobblery dish: melted Mexican caramel candy, added apples, topped with granola bars (Sierra Madre, 2006)
9) Cinnamon rolls (Kofa, 2005)

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
kcowyo said:
I'm a recent grad of the GT Culinary Institute. You know, where they teach you to stand around at dinner time with puppy dog eyes, looking single and hungry.... Yeah, it's a great program. I graduated top of my class but I had a heck of a teacher.
-

Gee, thanks KC. :rolleyes:

For the record, I generally do cook for myself (surprizing though, considering how much I weigh). But I will admit that a number of generous people provided me with some simply outstanding meals the last time I was on a run with KC (and a few select people provided Cherokee with some pretty good snacks too....). For that I am grateful, but I don't like to make it a habit.

If anyone gets chance to be part of a group dinner when Srisuda cooks, I advise you to jump on the opportunity! As good as the pictures are (that Uwe posted above), the food is better!:eatchicke

flywgn

Explorer
Good, fun thread, Bear. :eatchicke

I'm glad you captioned your photos, though, since I could swear that your first pic is a distress flare, and, speaking of swearing, KC, I thought that you'd sworn off that junk-food stuff.

I know that we have some other photos floating around in our files, but, for a starter (no pun) here's an Owyhee omelet off the galley in "Harry".

Allen R

HongerVenture

Adventurer
John B said:
...Dutch Oven...

Ah, cast iron dutch oven... home of some of the best meals.

Hey, where did you get that most excellent dutch oven tripod? That's much nicer than mine and look stout-to-boot!

S

Scenic WonderRunner

YUM!

Great Pics!

But as we all know.......

At some point you must re~supply in town........and then you just give in!:costumed-smiley-007

Cortez, Colorado.......Sept. '06
2006_0919Summerinthesanjuans0091.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998