Cool! Winnebago Sprinter 144 4x4 Adventure Concept Introduction

Waltzing Matilda

Adventurer
Thanks for this info.

FYI- The survey must be completed- the link isn't working.

While traveling in Baja I have seen many similar factory-made European options for this size/style vehicle, often shipped over to be used for pole to pole travels.
Would be nice to have a USA/domestic version.

Keyne

Adventurer
The link in your first post has three periods in it for some reason. It is the following "surveymonkey.com/r/winne...venturevehicle"

I am not sure how that happened though. Normally the periods show where the forum displays the shortened link for appearance reasons.

Hmmm not sure how that happened. I fixed the link in the original post. Thanks for pointing that out.

Gravity

Observer
Had a chance to crawl around this rig at OR last week. Looked and felt really well built. Liked it - sorry no pics, battery on the phone crapped out.

Also had a chance to check out one of the Roam Sprinter 4x4s right across from the Winnie- looked awesome and was very well equipped on the outside at least. Not giving up on my 7.3 UJOR SMB anytime soon though, but later in life if I had to replace it I'd pilot one of the newer Sprinter 4x4s...

Keyne

Adventurer
Had a chance to crawl around this rig at OR last week. Looked and felt really well built. Liked it - sorry no pics, battery on the phone crapped out.

Also had a chance to check out one of the Roam Sprinter 4x4s right across from the Winnie- looked awesome and was very well equipped on the outside at least. Not giving up on my 7.3 UJOR SMB anytime soon though, but later in life if I had to replace it I'd pilot one of the newer Sprinter 4x4s...

What is a "Roam" Sprinter? Is Roam a conversion company? Any links to their website? I did a quick search and didn't see anything other than Roam rentals but they looked like Sportsmobiles.

Keyne

Adventurer
Ahhh got it. Thanks. Looks like they are just getting up and running. Their Sprinter looks nice. I wonder what the interior layout is.

Last edited:

kaser

I've been in contact with Winnebago, they WILL be building this concept. No idea how close the production version will be to concept. Hoping to full time in one of these :)

Keyne

Adventurer
I've been in contact with Winnebago, they WILL be building this concept. No idea how close the production version will be to concept. Hoping to full time in one of these :)

Did they give any indication of when it would be available? I heard Summer 2017... also I am interested in options that might be available. My wife needs AC so that changes things a bit. I may contact them this week.

kaser

Did they give any indication of when it would be available? I heard Summer 2017... also I am interested in options that might be available. My wife needs AC so that changes things a bit. I may contact them this week.

No idea when, but that sounds about right! A/C should be an option. I can't wait to hear about options/colors/etc so if you hear something, let us know!

Hope it doesn't come with those horrid wheels lol

Keyne

Adventurer

I contacted WGO today and they said they have no information that it will be in production. I gave them my contact information but we are planning on ordering a van this month (most likely a Roadtrek Agile) so timing is important for us. If WGO was going to launch this Summer we would seriously consider it. Did you have a contact name and number for the person you contacted at WGO?

kaser

I contacted WGO today and they said they have no information that it will be in production. I gave them my contact information but we are planning on ordering a van this month (most likely a Roadtrek Agile) so timing is important for us. If WGO was going to launch this Summer we would seriously consider it. Did you have a contact name and number for the person you contacted at WGO?

It was their general sales email. It's apparently still being worked on before going to the production line.

Wish they would give some more info on it. Enjoy your Agile!

pharden

Any further updates on the Winnebago Concept Sprinter?

.I would be interested in one of these if and when they build it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12