Crossing oz south to north in a stock fg637

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
Thanks again John, that photo was taken at second valley on the southern fleurieu Sa.

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Board Express

Thespoon

Observer
Another alternative to Aeon rubber is the back bump stoppers from a 80 series landcruiser they are hollow and do a similar job, you can also trim them to any length with a saw.

If you want to go the way as Alan suggests, get the aftermarket ones from Pedders Suspensions the are cheaper then the original Toyota ones.

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
Well after talking to dave at ATW I think well start with the spring reset. I spoke to industrial springs they were reluctant to put any more than 25mm extra curve on them and they want them for at least 3 days. I admit that they aren't doing much at the moment but I'll be a bit stuffed for that long might have to go the new spring path I think it was only about 1k for new ones hmmmm

alan

Explorer
I spoke to tough dog today, I got the wrong person on the phone not much help at all, does anyone have an old shocker kicking around to measure?

Also the 80 series bump stops are freebee's we normally throw them away when we fit polyair bags to the coils.

I'm surprised they won't reset the springs more than 25mm.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
My new springs were around $750.00 from "Dobinsons Springs". These have more set and are 30mm longer from centre bolt back so the shackles hang further back, this gives more clearance on the bump stops and because the shackle hangs back slightly it doesn't take a hard hit to the chassis as if it stood straight up and down.I also now have 75mm clearance on my bump stops.

Dan.

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
Dave was great help thanks john, seems like he's got a nice truck. He's also from where I got my truck. He said to get the main leaf replaced with one 30mm longer then reset. Was annoyed to hear how his wife loves the truck, where do you people find these women!!!

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
Alan does it help if I measure the ones on the truck? The spring guy seemed to be concerned with the hanger angle.

Dan did that include bushes and ubolts? Dave from atw had some interesting ideas on how he high mounted his turbo by reversing the manifold I'd be interested in seing some photos. You still working on a turbo?

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
420 mm truck sitting static
480 mm full extension
30mm under bumps at static

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman