CVT Group Buy!

Xterabl

Adventurer
Yeah, key question: any tent goes for the group buy?
Also, anyone have good information about quality of these products?

mike r

Adventurer
If you read the web site he travels lots demonstrating his tents and you can save on shipping by meeting him on his journeys to pick up your tent from their Truck.

I have heard good things about his customer service and the hard top tents carry a 4 year warranty.
People say that all the smaller firms have their tents made in china and that they are all the same, With a 25% discount the only way to get a better tent would be to steal one.
Most used tents are not even at this price and these come with a warranty.

Mike

Bob Freda

Adventurer
The pictures were taken at the Overland Expo in Vermont last year. Had a great time, even with three days of rain. I am planning to go back this year.

unimog

Just got word back from CVT; I inquired about using their "winter offer" as a baseline as they offered 20% off last Nov/Dec and perhaps more considering group interest; here is response:

<start_quote>
I will do 25% 10-17 tents and 30% om 18 or more. How is that?

Thanks for your enthusiasm!

Bobby

Robert Culpepper :)

CVT/Cascadia Vehicle Tents
www.cascadiatents.com
541-312-8368 (TENT)
"Like" us on Facebook
<end_quote>

Counting mike_r and myself, have 8 interested parties; just two more and we meet the first milestone! I have this posted on 5 other forums and hoping to get some serious folks.

I sent a note back to Bobby, advising that we'd probably want a time frame for cut-off and some sort of campaign code to mention for the discount so we can make the orders - if we don't get the 10+ mark, I'll see about extending the standard offer.

Thanks and please serious folks only at this point!

As already mentioned the additional information that may be valuable before making a commitment are:
- cut off date
- models included in the offer
- delivery availability for the model included in the offer
Your time on the offer coordination it is greatly appreciated .
Thanks,
E

mike r

Adventurer
Message from Pritchnakoff

Re: hey
Originally Posted by mike r
Did you get any more details about the group buy?..there is a few more comments over on Expodition portal..

Thanks

mike
I posted a quick update here as well, maybe I am going crazy with so many sites to update?! HA! As of now, my base assumption is that the offer will be good for any TENT purchase, and I am trying to confirm an official cut-off time. I was thinking middle of July to get a chance to have people's budgets sorted etc. and also to get to the 18+ mark. They are not very responsive by email and I've called several times and no answer and no v/m?

I'll keep posting!
E

Posted over at Gitout

Pritchnakoff

Observer
hey all, lots of movement here since I logged in this morning - for some reason I was not getting email updates from posts here? beadblaster and icedrifer68, I have you guys both down on my list as of now; thanks for the interest. Gadgetech, it's pretty well documented around the forum world that most of the RTTs are the same in design and almost downright copies of one another so it's really down to price, slight variance in materials, and the buyers perceived value of the product. I did some extensive research for a couple other forums that I am a member on and my XLS grid got posted as a sticky - I've included it here so you can see my level of research to compare items. I am looking for a family sized tent and currently basing the group buy assumption that any TENT purchase will qualify under the deal (still awaiting confirmation from CVT). Ultimately they are a middle of the road quality tent with the right price point and inclusive of the annex room; couple that with their locality (to me) and their sales plan I think they are the right choice; they are also built in USA as well while many others are produced off shore and shipped in - doesn't take away from quality of those models, but good to support a local company.

View attachment RTT_Research.pdf

This is by far NOT the end all list, but for my needs was a good start and baseline for others' research as well.

Thanks guys for the continued support and interest and hopefully I'll hear something back sooner than later on the outstanding questions.

Finlay

Triarius
I live in SC so I'm looking at paying $250 or so to ship it. I haven't done any research really on RTTs so any feedback as to why I should buy this brand would be helpful. I have options fairly locally that I could avoid shipping costs on I believe. I've never been too price motivated but I am interested in the top products.

I bought a CVT Mt. Ranier. I haven't owned any RTTs before, but a few good ground tents.

My dog and I just spent a week living out of our RTT and here are my thoughts.

- CVT is a good company to work with, and every interaction with them has been pleasant and professional.
- The tent is enormous.
- It rained pretty hard while we were out, and the tent performed well. After a few hours, the rain fly started so soak through and I had to do that water punching thing. It was par for being in a tent in the rain - if you're going out in monsoons or whatever you'll want a tarp, though.
- It's light. My wife can help put it on the roof.
- It's sturdy. My wife and me and our two dogs were in it without trouble.
- The cover held up amazingly well. I beat the snot out of it against branches and brush and crap and it's got nary a scratch. And the tent was dry even after driving through a driving storm at 70 MPH.

A couple caveats : I see from pictures he has slightly newer design than mine for sale now. I don't know what changes/improvements have been made. I think the included mattress is pretty amazingly comfortable. My wife disagrees. The dogs haven't expressed an opinion. You may or may not like it.

I love my tent. I'm never sleeping on the ground again. The other RTTs might be better, but I'm pretty happy with the CVT so far.

Pritchnakoff

Observer
Expeditioners and 4x4 Enthusiasts,

Good news, I spoke with Bobby tonight in person - really great guy! He's just as excited for the buy as we are and he's not getting a sweet RTT out of it! We've agreed that a good cut-off date is the week prior to the 4th of July holiday (29-June, Friday) as the cut-off. This should allow for any purchases to get in our hands prior to the holiday should any of us have extended expedition plans for the holiday weekend and is still three weeks away! Bobby, has also confirmed that the discount will be good for all Awnings, Tents (all models), and Trailers that we would like to purchase so no holds barred on the items, woot woot!!!!
:Wow1:

For the Nissan guys, he posted up a Nissan section this evening check-out the new pics showing off the tents on your rigs and even some cars!
Inventory, as of right now he is fully stocked with all available inventory; minus the Mt. St. Helens hard top, but will have more ready and available by next weekend!

I think the included mattress is pretty amazingly comfortable. My wife disagrees. The dogs haven't expressed an opinion.
"The dogs haven't expressed an opinion." - LOL, love it!!!!

Alright everyone, I think this covers off all outstanding questions, now it's time to check our pocket books, hone in the model and item(s) you want and really confirm back.
Cascadia Vehicle Roof Top Tents

Thanks again to all interested, I am getting pumped!
:wings:

Termas

I am interested in a Mt Hood on this group buy. Please keep me informed on next steps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pritchnakoff

Observer
Termas, thanks for the quick ping, I've got you now on the interest list now. You bring up the next valid point on getting the actual purchases on. I will give this weekend a break as I head out to DC for business. If I can ask for interested parties to PM me with their full name, email address, and phone number, and item(s) wanted; I will start keeping a more realistic list that I will use to send to CVT for confirmed folks.

So far from Expedition Portal, I have:
mike_r
icedrifter68
beadblaster
termas

mike r

Adventurer
Down for 3 items

I am interested in ordering the shasta, but would like the option to upgrade to a Mt. baker. I am hesitant because I'm not sure how it will fit on my truck. However, if the Mt. Baker suits me better, I would like to purchase that product instead.

Despite whichever tent I settle on, I will definitely be purchasing an awning (I'm leaning towards the 79" product)

I will be purchasing the mesh awning room to match.

Dingo151

Newbie Question?

Hey Everybody

So how does a fella get in on one of these group deals? Do I have to do anything other than get a hold of CVT

Thanks!
Dean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78