Diesel Comanche build

Thank you, all in all I think it was easy and straightforward. I will definitely be doing more of them. What has made this particular Comanche so time consuming is the fact that we swapped the drivetrain, lifted it, and are fabbing a flatbed for it all at once. It has 33x10.50 BFG A/T's on it with 4.10:1 gears in the diffs and the AX-15. Hoping to break 25 mpg. Been trying to figure out the best place for the spare tire mount and a canvas top for it.

View attachment 138854

View attachment 138855

I'm liking option number one, 90 degrees to the other wheels.

Gaucho919

Adventurer
Blakeape thanks for the info I'll send you a PM here in a minute. JJdiesel thanks to you for the offer to help, I'll be sure to ask some questions down the road.
I have been thinking the spare mounted behind the cab perpendicular to the truck would be my best bet since we'll most likely be adding a 2nd spare. Sort of took a break on the diesel MJ and did some work on the gasser so no updates on this one for now. Thanks again everyone happy trails

Gaucho919

Adventurer
Rear end perches welded and shortened driveshaft installed, only a few more things on the bed and it's go time

DSC_0213.jpg

Gaucho919

Adventurer
Maybe down the road, I need to hunt down a bunch of parts. Np205, bunch of driveshafts, coil springs, control arms etc. If we do it, it will most likely be another Comanche, using a XJ front half to make it a 4 door. Kindda like this,

484858_581884368495660_1467863226_n.jpg

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
That would be totally awesome, but I think it would be a massive pita to do it on an MJ. I've seen an XJ around here before (its been quite a while though) where they cut the whole roof and rear windows and stuff off and closed it in and made the back into a bed. The trouble with the MJ would be attaching the unibody cab to a unibody back seat that is acting as a frame off back seat. I think you would need to figure out how to cut the body off the XJ while leaving the frame rails, then do the reverse to weld it back on to the MJ frame rails. I'm sure its totally possible, there is going to be a heck of a lot of engineering and creativity in it.

Gaucho919

Adventurer
Been driving around the property in the Comanche lately, the power of this little diesel in the Comanche is quite impressive, close to my 4.0. Unfortunately I can't take it over 40 mph until the long arms are built. Can you say DEATH wobble? haha the bed is on and painted with some duplicolor bedliner spray, wood deck is mounted. 3" exhaust and intake are all done. Long arms and rear lights and this thing is done. It is a lot quieter than I thought it would be in the cab. Overall a pleasure to drive under 40 mph. some pics

DSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

88Xj

Banned
In the last picture, those are 255/75s? On stock dodge charger wheels right? What else besides magnum, or 300s came with those wheels?

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
6x6...6x6...6x6...6x6......... ;)

JP magazine.... Look for the "Zombie Hunter" 6x6 :)

Attachments

• Zombie TJ.jpg
    Zombie TJ.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 719

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12