Diesel Heater Ducting? What to use?

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I'm mounting a diesel heater to a roof rack and then running hoses into my hard-sided camper shell. What is everyone using for ducting? Some cheesy cardboard type stuff came with the heater. It's not enough and doesn't look like it will stand up to the weather. Let me know what you have used. I want to run multiple ducts inside the camper.

IMG_20231113_122541179 copy.jpg

PCO6

Adventurer
I'm mounting a diesel heater to a roof rack and then running hoses into my hard-sided camper shell. What is everyone using for ducting? Some cheesy cardboard type stuff came with the heater. It's not enough and doesn't look like it will stand up to the weather. Let me know what you have used. I want to run multiple ducts inside the camper.

View attachment 807992

I'm curious about this too. Also, have you decided what kind of ports / ducts you will be attaching to your camper shell?

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Flexduct X2, ou can wrap insulation around it, I used it in home renovations and works just fine.

Alternative, check out PVC materials, fencing post covers, base flanges, easy to cut, gives hard, clean duct to any run. Drain pipe ripped down the center in lengths could make wall or overhead ceiling "registers" use 1/2 or 1/4 radius of the pipe and they have caps to plug the end.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
The heater I have comes with four 1.5" diameter ports. I plan to route them to different areas of the shell. I have converted the rear seat of my crewcab to storage that includes my house batteries. I was thinking of routing one of the heater ducts to the cab to keep my batteries cozy too. Am I getting out of control? o_O

HWY395ghost

Check out:

burleyman

I've converted a four hole outlet to a one hole. One hole to four holes might be handy. Smaller hoses to run. Ebay has lots of parts. Pay close attention to dimensions and how outlet covers attach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior