Disco reliable daily driver?

grox

Observer
Thanks guys! I can tell that ya'll really love your Discos! I love they way they look but it sounds like they might not be exactly what I'm looking for. In the 2 years that I owned my 04 Tacoma, I never had any problems and never had to perform any maintenance. Oil changes was all I needed to worry about. I had to sell it to get out of payments. Now I just need to find the best 4x4 for under 5K... maybe a topic for another thread? :wings:

RabidRover

Observer
Thanks guys! I can tell that ya'll really love your Discos! I love they way they look but it sounds like they might not be exactly what I'm looking for. In the 2 years that I owned my 04 Tacoma, I never had any problems and never had to perform any maintenance. Oil changes was all I needed to worry about. I had to sell it to get out of payments. Now I just need to find the best 4x4 for under 5K... maybe a topic for another thread? :wings:

I have a stock 02 Crew Cab Taco and a lifted 95 D1 with a 3.9L Auto. I love both trucks but the D1 ... like a Ferrari ... to own one is to love one. I am regularly tinkering with the Rover and never have to touch the Taco. Both have not let me down, just one required a bit more work and more maintenance money :sombrero: Than again, Land Rover never recalled my truck for a rusting frame ...

With regular maintenance, the Rover gets 16 - 18 mpg with 31" tires, 2" lift, bumpers, winch, rock rails, RTT but I avoid standing on it and keep it around 60 mph.

Last edited:

DexGtr

Observer
I have a stock 02 Crew Cab Taco and a lifted 95 D1 with a 3.9L Auto. I love both trucks but the D1 ... like a Ferrari ... to own one is to love one. I am regularly tinkering with the Rover and never have to touch the Taco. Both have not let me down, just one required a bit more work and more maintenance money :sombrero:

With regular maintenance, the Rover gets 16 - 18 mpg with 31" tires, 2" lift, bumpers, winch, rock rails, RTT but I avoid standing on it and keep it around 60 mph.

i have been doing short trips with the family and for the first time my wife is not telling me to slow down...coz i actually drive 65 mph now instead of 70-90 mph :)

RabidRover

Observer
i have been doing short trips with the family and for the first time my wife is not telling me to slow down...coz i actually drive 65 mph now instead of 70-90 mph :)

I used to have bias ply swampers on mine ... my wife refused to ride in it. Why did I get the radial AT's again???

Viggen

Just here...
Land Rovers are the best 4X4XFAR, but I'm not sure about the best 4X4X<$5K

Great first post!
obvious-troll.jpg

You can get 100% neglected Discovery's for less than $5k or you can get 100% dealer maintained Discovery's for less than $5k. Its up to you to do the leg work and what you will get is an unbeatable combination of everything for a very capable vehicle.

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Great first post!
obvious-troll.jpg

You can get 100% neglected Discovery's for less than $5k or you can get 100% dealer maintained Discovery's for less than $5k. Its up to you to do the leg work and what you will get is an unbeatable combination of everything for a very capable vehicle.

My local indy has too many LR on his hands with the recession. Someone drops there care off to get fixed and cant afford to pick it up, so they give him the truck or another one of their trucks.

He offered to sell me a non-running D1 for $500. If only I didn't already have two LRs.

-Sam

Viggen

Just here...
My local indy has too many LR on his hands with the recession. Someone drops there care off to get fixed and cant afford to pick it up, so they give him the truck or another one of their trucks.

He offered to sell me a non-running D1 for $500. If only I didn't already have two LRs.

-Sam

Wheres your local indy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12