Do you leave your Awning mounted??

SulVento

Wanderer
Just took mine off for the first time in 4 years to touch up a little paint on the roof rack. It's going right back on.

amo292

Adventurer
Mine comes off January through March along with some of the cross bars on my roof rack. Otherwise it stays on all the time. The only reason I take it off is because it makes clearing snow off substantially easier and the copious amounts off road salt used here would probably eat it alive. I figure Im not going camping with a few feet of snow on the ground anyway and If I do ill probably be staying inside the vehicle and not hanging out in the cold.

Now seeing that your sig says Oahu this is absolutely irrelevant to you haha.

Accrete

Explorer
even though our rig has a Fiama in a weather-resistant hard case so is certainly able to be on year round...

IF we had something like the ARB or even a FoxWing that we've considered as a swap... the awning would be on year round.
Why? Well... because we are spontaneous in our adventures. At any time of the year we could decide to take off for a week and head to a river, beach, or mountain. If the rig (that also doubles as my wife's DD) wasn't ready 24/7 it would take much of the fun out of why we have it : ) Often my wife will arrive home on our "Friday" and ask if we can go to XYZ river or mtn...and because the van is always stocked with ~2 weeks of food and water... the answer is nearly always yes!!

YMMV,
Thom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears