Dodge Ram 5500 motorhome

Roc8man

I was thinking about your spare tire situation. You have 6 wheels but only one spare. That could be trouble if you're in a remote area. Will you be bringing any of the original wheels and tires along as backup?

David

Healeyjet

Explorer
David, the wheels and tires that are presently on the truck are coming off as soon as the camper is finished. We will be taking off the dual rear wheels and switching all over to the Hutchinsons. The front and rear run spacers and the setup on the carrier is a universal spare.
Ward

Healeyjet

Explorer
Thanks bajarat.

Yes, the AEV front bumper is designed for the Warn 16.5 winch and the tow hooks are good for 30,000 lbs.
The strongest on the market.

Ward

Healeyjet

Explorer
I finally got Photobucket working for me.

Here are some updates as of yesterday.

Windows are in. Hehr 6400 series insulated glass windows. 1/2" thick glass insulated double moisture barrier panel.

Counter tops installed on the night stands. Corian.

Counters installed in the living room, bathroom and kitchen. Kitchen and bathroom sinks installed. Sofa cushions in place. Living room window installed. ITB added an under cabinet light below the pull out pantry for us that wasn't on the plans. The slot in the counter beside the sofa will be home to a pull out "cutting board" type thing.

Getting close now!

Ward

Healeyjet

Explorer
Thanks guys. It sure feels nice to see it coming together.

Mark, I would totally agree. Early on in the design portion of the build Annie and I had our concerns about it feeling visually cold inside the camper. Due in part to the fact that many of the components we would be using in our build are more commonly found in commercial or industrial truck situations. We wanted it to look like an updated RV interior and not our grandparents RV and not a rent a truck. More on the modern side with stainless steel and modern colours. So far so good I think. Once the flooring is in and Annie has a go at making some soft goods for the interior I think we will be all set.

Ward

loonwheeler

Adventurer
Did you mention previously what flooring material you are planning? I have been watching your thread with great interest. The interior is coming along quite nicely and I can appreciate the clean look of the interior surfaces thus far. Nice work!

Healeyjet

Explorer
Thanks Loonwheeler.
The flooring being used is a commercial linoleum manufactured by a company called Lonseal. We are using the Lonoco Linen product in the ash colour.

Ward

loonwheeler

Adventurer
Taking a look - seems like a nice choice. Pattern that mimics a softer fabric look but with the durability of linoleum. Can't wait until it gets installed and you can share some photos.

Linen-Dermatology.jpg

Healeyjet

Explorer
Exactly. Annie loves linen so when we found it on the Lonseal site we were hooked. It is interesting to see all of our choices come together in a finished product. To see what started out for me as sketches on graph paper become a space that I can now stand in and look around as a 3 dimensional space is a very cool feeling. The guys at ITB have done an excellent job of turning our thoughts into a finished living space......well almost finished.

Ward

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle