Does anyone have pics of the new Adventure Trailers trailer?

apsilon

Observer
inspiration provided by the Australian tent trailers.

Yes, it's very typical of the common design here. Kitchen generally slides out one of the side at the front. Most will usually have additional/optionals awnings to go around the sides etc.

GeoTracker90

Adventurer
We have a short interview with Mario talking about the new Trek trailer in the Overland Expo day 2 coverage. We will have the full length video with a longer walk through of the trailer, as well as the new teardrop trailer and Flippac in the coming weeks.

Interesting. I like that the new trailer is now out in the public and can't wait to hear and see more about it. Now what's that little bit about a new teardrop trailer?

Mike

OlympiaFJ60

Adventurer
I have been looking at importing a very similar trailer. Will be interesting to see the final product and the costs. Is the AT trailer still made in the US like their others?

mikelite80

Adventurer
AT is based out of California.

That little teardrop was cute! I didn't get any details but it looked like an AT frame with a classic tear drop body on top. Tear drop trailers have one of the best kitchen set ups ever thought up.

Mike

The new trailer still has some some minor changes to be made. i believe they plan to start building them in about 4 weeks? don't quote me on that. The composite material is very impressive, they had a hammer on site to prove its durability and since its coated with lineX there was no worry about the paint. The tent will be made of a Australian rip stop so much better quality. The tear drop is being done in collaboration with Mike Peri from So-Cal tear drops. they built a beefed up tear drop trailer (able to handle the off roading) and placed it on one of the adventure trailers frames complete with air suspension. I believe in the final version of the tear drop it will be a bit wider. both new trailers are utilizing a new locnroll style coupler by a new company which is also quite impressive.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Any info on this new coupler?
Last that I knew Lock-n-Roll still had a few years left on their patent. That is what stopped me from going forward with R&D on my design.

Any info on this new coupler?
Last that I knew Lock-n-Roll still had a few years left on their patent. That is what stopped me from going forward with R&D on my design.

As I understand it it will be available very soon (next week or so) they had a few things to work out but it seems to move much more fluid with very little to no binding even in reversing up off camber situations. Very trick set up :drool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior