DOG ramp, access, ladder, lift, up?

ExpoMike

Looking at the last pic, I would have looked at designing the back to allow a ramp to be mounted across the inside of the tailgate. Drop the tailgate, deploy the ramp and done. First thing out, last thing in. If you needed a longer ramp, make it a folding one and double your length. Would likely need only a little more depth to the inside storage area. Just throwing out my thought.

Good luck.

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
whatsblooming09062-1.jpg

Loco-Nomad

Adventurer
You can custom make a folding ramp like has been brought up, and probably fit your needs better than buying one. Either way, a folding ramp type system is a must with large dogs. In the long run it will save your back and wear and tear on the dogs hips.

5Runner

Adventurer
Thanks for the link to the dog ramp options.

I may look at trying to customize the tailgate on my 100 series LC to accommodate storing a folding ramp inside of it. I think I will have to build my own ramp in order to make it as compact as I would like.

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Good call on trying to fab up one that will fit your needs. I had the tri-fold plastic ramp and it took up a lot of space. If I were to build one or buy one again it would be telescoping. Don’t forget the grip tape for traction. The incline on a lifted truck is great and not all dogs like slipping back on a steep ramp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan