Dura Trac vs KM2

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
I have 265/70/17 Load C on my Jeep Grand Cherokee..they are 2 ply.....I got a slice the first time off road.....just a small one but hey it is a slice....that tire is now a spare. The tire is great....siped, great in mud, quite at 70 mph, hums more at low speeds 35-45, lightweight.......everything is a compromise though.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338344716.169096.jpg

i-fK48pc4-L.jpg

deadbeat son

Explorer
I have 265/70/17 Load C on my Jeep Grand Cherokee..they are 2 ply.....I got a slice the first time off road.....just a small one but hey it is a slice....that tire is now a spare. The tire is great....siped, great in mud, quite at 70 mph, hums more at low speeds 35-45, lightweight.......everything is a compromise though.

Don't forget the siping isn't very deep. A coworker wore through it less than a year after installing the tires, but he does have a decent commute.

This is what makes me hesitant about these tires; I need a new set prior to this winter.

RobRed

Explorer
Must be a load thing 2 ply vs 3.

I've sliced more than a few tires that way but thats not a sidewall ply thing more outer carcass thing.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

montypower

Adventure Time!
i know tire weight is a huge factor in mpg and ride quality, thats why im leaning towards the dura tracs, the 33/1250-15 duratrac is lighter than a 33/1050-15 KM2

I just looked up the specs:

Duratrac 33x12.5/15 - 49LBS - Load C = 2205lbs - 32.5" Diameter - 10" Tread Width
KM2 33x10.5/15 - 49LBS - Load C = 2600lbs - 32.8" Diameter - 7.7" Tread Width

I'm on my 4th set of KM2s. 3rd vehicle. I've driven these tires through the Rubicon and many trails in Colorado, Oregon & Washington. I've never had a flat or any sidewall issues. I'm generally driving trails at least 1-2 weekends per month. Off road these are tough tires and on road they are smooth and handle well. I'm happy. :)

CDMartin

Suffering Fools
I am on my fourth set of 265/75/17's AT KO's and have averaged 80K on each set with tread to spare. First three sets were on my Tacoma, 2006 with 290,000 miles on the clock before trading in on an FJC. BFG's are solid, I ran 33-12.50 KM2's on my TJ and averaged around 50,000 miles a set.

Honu

lost on the mainland
put DuraTrac on my FJ last week :)

we shall see how they do and for what we do seems to be a nice compromise of off road with road

the sidewall thing ? hmm I guess I have to ask if your sidewall got a huge gash like some claim and I have seen one pic of one would that have happened with a 3 ply just as well ! and by the look of the slice I think no tire would have not been sliced !
I have heard of 3 ply also getting sliced ! like someone else said you hear a lot of rumors of they heard or they read someone heard but no real proof :)
the guy at discount here in AZ has not seen any come back with sliced side walls and he sells a lot of them !

bought at discount tire and got certs on all 4 so should not have a issue anyway

so far they seem nice but cant say really as we have yet to use them much since I only drive about 10K tops a year I wont know how they wear for a while :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior