E-350 Cutaway with Total Composites Box

joeblack5

Very nice build, great idea and use of space for the dogs, ours insist on being in front but your design is definitely safer. Like your jack stands.
Maybe missed it in the thread but how much space with the bed stored up below the bed to the floor and how much when lowered from the bottom of mattress to the ceiling.. how thick is the mattress.

I am a bit surprised with the weight.
Ours ,extended frame 4x4 short bus , 7.3 diesel conversion comes in at 10.200 without people.

Johan

Last edited:

86scotty

Cynic
Probably the best use of space I've ever seen in a van (ish) conversion. I dream of having square walls and a lift bed someday.

In case I missed it, do you plan on color matching the body to the cab? I love the cab color, it would be very cool, however maybe not so cool in August.

Also, are you happy with the fridge size? Seems small for 30 night trips. We are fans of the Truckfridge/Isotherm 130 front door fridge and still overflow drinks in to a small
chest fridge.

Trail Talk

Planning on any winter travel? Might see you out there...

Did not know about this combination of 7.3 engine and 6sp transmission. Our 2020 7.3 F350 C&C has the 10sp and de-rated "Commercial" tune of 350 hp @3900 rpm. Hope you can report on fuel economy over time? In combination with a light build, it should be the best that can be expected for that beast of an engine.

Screen Shot 2023-12-16 at 9.50.31 AM.png

Dallas Chadney

Got out for around 30 nights. Pretty good since it was mid to late summer by the time the camper was ready to go.
Very happy with everything.
Very happy that we went with lots of windows. I see some units that only have a couple small windows: not for me!
View attachment 807632
View attachment 807629
View attachment 807634
.View attachment 807636View attachment 807631

Over winter I will pull out the drawers, cabinet doors and table and finish the fronts on all of them.
Initially left unfinished just so we could get out camping instead of building.
The layout works perfectly for us.
The picture below is misleading. There is actually a good amount of head room at the table, under the bed.
View attachment 807630View attachment 807628

Originally, my thought was to use a combination sink and 2-burner stove hob, but my wife wanted an oven.
I didn't really think we would use it much, but it is actually quite nice to be able to have some baked meals once an a while when out for a week or more at a time.
All the silicone bakeware is stored in the oven while travelling and there is no rattling from the unit.
View attachment 807633

We travel with the bed in the lower position and a mesh door drops down to keep the dogs safely in their spot.
Way better than having them loose, especially when off road.
The Espar heater has a fan-only mode so it can draw cooler air from the front of the camper and recirculate it back to the kennel area.
View attachment 807635

Home Sweet Home!
View attachment 807627
Looks Great! Good Job!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior