Eagle FWC on a Tundra

TheNextAdventures

here is a picture of my 03 tundra with an 03 eagle. the camper sits exactly flush with the truck bed walls. My tundra handles the weight very well. For suspension mods I did timbren kit in the back and add a leaf springs. The truck drove great with just the timbren kit but I did the leaf spring to make it a bit more rigid. The cutouts in the side wall are to access the space in the bed which allows me to carry alot of gear. Check my build thread here I am getting ready to update it soon as I have done alot more modifications. I also need to start a thread here.
truck with camper.jpg

brian90744

American Trekker
jack extensions

When it comes to load on the bed of the truck= Like Stan said you will need jack extension plates to make the camper jacks wider, I temp used 3" channel iron between the jack and camper.
Just FYI=brian

Last edited:

stclair

Adventurer
here is a picture of my 03 tundra with an 03 eagle. the camper sits exactly flush with the truck bed walls. My tundra handles the weight very well. For suspension mods I did timbren kit in the back and add a leaf springs. The truck drove great with just the timbren kit but I did the leaf spring to make it a bit more rigid. The cutouts in the side wall are to access the space in the bed which allows me to carry alot of gear. Check my build thread here I am getting ready to update it soon as I have done alot more modifications. I also need to start a thread here.
View attachment 193723

Really like the mods to your truck bed. How much space is gained?

TheNextAdventures

Really like the mods to your truck bed. How much space is gained?

Hi stclair sorry about the delay I am three weeks out from leaving on a overland trip from the usa down to South America so I am very busy. My truck bed is 6.5' and I gained 18" on each side from the bed wall to the camper. Here are some of the items I am able to fit: 2 burner camp stove, 14" dutch oven, multiple 50 cal ammo cans, tools, screen tent, spear guns, etc..

stclair

Adventurer
Hi stclair sorry about the delay I am three weeks out from leaving on a overland trip from the usa down to South America so I am very busy. My truck bed is 6.5' and I gained 18" on each side from the bed wall to the camper. Here are some of the items I am able to fit: 2 burner camp stove, 14" dutch oven, multiple 50 cal ammo cans, tools, screen tent, spear guns, etc..
Nice way to find a little more space! I may consider the same mod for our 2002 Tundra/Eagle. What did you use for the cuts, and are thedoors to the storage area lockable? We hope to take the same trip sometime soon, maybe we'll see you out there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior