EarthCruiser is closing!?!?!

Spencer for Hire

They're both owned by Lance, I thought? The US company exists because of different regulations around vehicles here vs. there.
Yes after poking around, you are right. It said he and his American wife according to Wikipedia. They just did a Hummer version and pre orders for a new slide in version. I wonder if some of there products are under a different corporate structure.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Maybe Earthcruiser Australia can figure out a way to get their build here. They have some sweet looking rides. https://earthcruiser.net.au/
In the interest of continued economic development and employment in Oregon, I believe the Federal government and Oregon state government should exempt the below vehicles from all duties, tariffs and import regulations for a period of 5 years as there are no domestic competitors, and offer a 10% 'cool vehicle rebate' on both federal and state taxes.

EC1.png
EC2.png

photos property of EarthCruiser AU, used without permission

Brentc17

A little insight from an owner here. EarthCruiser HQ in Bend will be missed, especially for the technical info about each rig. With that said, very little to no warranty work were done by them, and their ongoing service after sale was terrible (my opinion and experience). Almost all the components of an EC are outside companies that can be repaired, replaced and serviced. The chassis is a Mitsubishi Fuso for the most part except for the new ones. I own EC #3 and have explored some amazing places. You learn real quick as an EC owner to take care of your rig yourself because out in the middle of nowhere, nobody is coming to help. With a little over 100 made, there should be a good resale market. The owner group is strong and with 16 years of experience, we have figured out how to overcome most obstacles when it comes to ownership. Wish they didn't close, but we will still travel to remote places in comfort and explore. Brent from whiskey7backroads.com

Attachments

• 20230829_123742.jpg
    20230829_123742.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 32

ReluctantTraveler

A little insight from an owner here. EarthCruiser HQ in Bend will be missed, especially for the technical info about each rig. With that said, very little to no warranty work were done by them, and their ongoing service after sale was terrible (my opinion and experience). Almost all the components of an EC are outside companies that can be repaired, replaced and serviced. The chassis is a Mitsubishi Fuso for the most part except for the new ones. I own EC #3 and have explored some amazing places. You learn real quick as an EC owner to take care of your rig yourself because out in the middle of nowhere, nobody is coming to help. With a little over 100 made, there should be a good resale market. The owner group is strong and with 16 years of experience, we have figured out how to overcome most obstacles when it comes to ownership. Wish they didn't close, but we will still travel to remote places in comfort and explore. Brent from whiskey7backroads.com

Brent! I didn't know you were here. I love your channel on YouTube!

I didn't realize their after-sale service was so bad. I know the third-party parts thing was very much by design, but didn't realize they were quite so hands-off.

ReluctantTraveler

Orders were still on the books, money still coming in. A couple of vehicles close to completion. People in the know at the company that were still taking in the money knowing that the customers were never going to receive anything deserve a soap on a rope.

That’s not great! Too bad they can’t at least wrap up production on the existing orders.

Plus I’m seeing people at a car show promoting their new GM Hummer partnership TODAY while they’re announcing their closing shop. So odd.

Dusty Roads QLD

They're both owned by Lance, I thought? The US company exists because of different regulations around vehicles here vs. there.

Not the case at all. As advised by Earth Cruiser Australia to their owners, they have nothing to do with Lance at all.

"Earthcruiser Australia has NO Financial, Sales, Engineering, Marketing, Labour, Management etc. Affiliation with Earthcruiser USA
The businesses are completely independent and separate and have no formal or informal arrangements with one another
The connection lies between Lance and I, some 20 years ago Lance worked for me for approx. 15 years previously,
and the Australian Earthcruiser business was purchased from him in 2012"

Can't recommend Earth Cruiser Australia highly enough.

Toyota.79.3.jpgToyota.79.1.jpgToyota.79.2.jpg

ReluctantTraveler

Not the case at all. As advised by Earth Cruiser Australia to their owners, they have nothing to do with Lance at all.

"Earthcruiser Australia has NO Financial, Sales, Engineering, Marketing, Labour, Management etc. Affiliation with Earthcruiser USA
The businesses are completely independent and separate and have no formal or informal arrangements with one another
The connection lies between Lance and I, some 20 years ago Lance worked for me for approx. 15 years previously,
and the Australian Earthcruiser business was purchased from him in 2012"

Can't recommend Earth Cruiser Australia highly enough.

View attachment 831619View attachment 831620View attachment 831621

So, not owned by Lance anymore. But same logo, same general design approach, etc. that’s confusing.

ReluctantTraveler

I'm looking at their two sites right now and they have the same damn logo, except one has the word "Australia" under it.

I get that there may not be a relationship anymore, but to say there's no affiliation feels... disingenuous?

gregmchugh

Observer
Earthcruiser's contracts were designed once signed every two months payments had to be made with the final payment being made at delivery. So in the past 6 months the company could have easily brought in at least 1 million dollars with three vehicles sitting close to completion and other sales. Where is the money and are the owners of the company still in the US?
My goodness, quite a stretch there… 🙄

ReluctantTraveler

This part of their announcement email is... not great.

The company is working with professionals to accomplish an orderly liquidation in accordance with state law. Further announcements will be made in the near future regarding this process. Business and asset related inquiries can be directed to Jamie Bradley at jamie@earthcruiser.com. Creditor inquiries can be directed to Zoe Habekost of Tabor Law Group at zhabekost@pdx-law.com.

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
I've always admired their vehicles, but they're just not what I'm looking for in a vehicle, so I wouldn't purchase one.

It's really unfortunate for all the employees and the people who invested their money by way of down payments.

If the company filed for bankruptcy, it might have been due to pressure from a lender rather than their own decision.

I can see why they're facing financial troubles, especially now that the COVID buying frenzy has subsided. Additionally, there's been a surge of imitators in the past few years, which has become quite absurd. Just today, I noticed a similar unit being constructed in our small town for a local company, essentially a replica of a replica taking away part of the market share.

In a couple years they will all have shut down leaving a huge vacuum.

martinf

I like your videos ou youtube! I thought your rig was for sale?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12