EarthRoamer: Jeep Based Expedition Vehicle XV-JP

Doin_It

Adventurer
jnelson says
The suspense is killin me

and then you tell us you saw one (though not quite done) that is going to drive 'ol jnelson over the edge. Poor guy. Better yet would have been to get a fuzzy pic on your phone, that would would have been the ultimate.

JPFreek1

Explorer
Earthroamer XV-JP Press Release

Everyone:

Below is the link to the official Earthroamer XV-JP Press Release directly from Matt Nakari at Earthroamer.com LLC. JPFreek Adventure Magazine will be providing coverage of this vehicle throughout future issues of the magazine and in lieu of Scott's update (since he's out in the Arctic) I've posted it here for you. Enjoy, it's an amazing vehicle!

Frank

http://www.box.net/shared/deanqbojg9

Last edited:

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
JPFreek1 said:
Everyone:

Below is the link to the official Earthroamer XV-JP Press Release directly from Matt Nakari at Earthroamer.com LLC. JPFreek Adventure Magazine will be providing coverage of this vehicle throughout future issues of the magazine and in lieu of Scott's update (since he's out in the Arctic) I've posted it here for you. Enjoy, it's an amazing vehicle!

Frank

http://www.box.net/shared/deanqbojg9

Frank - any official word on pricing yet? Or is it just <(arm*leg)

JPFreek1

Explorer
Ha! No official word yet but I suspect that it will be competitively priced for all this vehicle has to offer. Either Scott or I will keep you posted as more information pertaining to pricing is released.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
erXV-JP.jpg

Check this out....

Press Release - for immediate release

EarthRoamer, 2745 Industrial Lane #101, Broomfield CO 80020
matt@earthroamer.com

EarthRoamer announces the XV-JP!
Broomfield, CO (03/27/07)

EarthRoamer is proud to announce the EarthRoamer XV-JP! Built on the 2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited platform, the new EarthRoamer XV-JP combines Jeep's legendary off road capability with innovative EarthRoamer design to create a vehicle with unprecedented capability. Details and photos are attached.

About EarthRoamer
EarthRoamer, headquartered in Broomfield, Colorado is the world's premier manufacturer of expedition vehicles. EarthRoamer Xpedition Vehicles (XVs) are durable, capable, stand alone, four wheel drive campers designed to tackle rough terrain and provide a functional and comfortable living space. Unlike traditional RV's, EarthRoamer XVs are designed from the ground up for travel on unimproved roads and to provide self contained camping in all weather conditions.

More information is available at www.earthroamer.com, by calling 720 304 3174, or via email: matt@earthroamer.com

HIGHLIGHTS
Electric motor-powered Loftop™ opens to provide nine feet of interior stand-up
height, a kevlar rope-supported, cantilevered queen size bed, and a
combination tent/screen room under the rear of the Loftop™.
• Interchangeable “skins” for the Loftop™ let you customize your rig for different
weather conditions and are available in all-season, extreme cold weather, and
high temperature radiant barrier designs.
• Composite sandwich construction body provides a high strength-to-weight ratio.
• 6100 btu forced air furnace, electric fan ventilation and large windows with
built in screens and sunshades keep you comfortable year round.
• Engine-heated 4 gallon hot water tank and a 25 gallon fresh water supply
provide plenty of hot and cold water to the indoor galley and shower.
Inside cassette toilet with 4.5 gallon externally accessible cassette provides
an elegant solution to waste management – no more dragging a porta-potti
through your camper!
• Ultra efficient 4 cubic foot chest refrigerator/freezer utilizes cold plate
technology to keep your food and beverages cold.
• 80 watt solar panel and 210 amp-hour AGM battery bank provides
power to spare.
• In-dash GPS navigation/AV system with upgraded amplifier and speakers
keeps you informed and entertained.
• HID off road lights, 8 cfm air compressor, 9000 pound winch, winch bumper
and upgraded suspension equips you for any adventure

gjackson

FRGS
Better yet would have been to get a fuzzy pic on your phone, that would would have been the ultimate.

Only my wife can tell you the contortions I was going through to get the phone out of my pocket while driving down the road and simultaneously checking out all the details of the ER Jepp going by. Ouch! AND no pic!

I still have a strained muscle in my @##!!!!

cheers

CLynn85

Explorer
I wonder if they'd sell it as a "shell" model.

I think that vehicle would fit the adventure needs of ~60% of the people on this forum.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Can we try to guess a price? let's have a contest...the closest one wins a T-Shirt or something...

I would say around $80K....

Christian

2500Adventures

Adventurer
2aroundtheworld said:
Can we try to guess a price? let's have a contest...the closest one wins a T-Shirt or something...

I would say around $80K....

Christian

"I'll play your game you rogue devil you"...I'll guess $179K for the whole shibang...

kcowyo

ExPo Original
:Wow1: :Wow1: :Wow1:

Wish there were some interior shots, but man that thing is hot! Love the green too. The original press release said it would come in under $100K, we'll see.

Sick outfit! :bowdown:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears