Ends of the Earth Expedition: Central America

Scott Brady

Founder
Quick post from the BGAN.

Belize is awesome.

We are in a very remote camp in the jungle, at the five blues lake. Technical access via jungle tracks. All alone with the sounds of the jungle around us.

James and I explored towards the lake from the camp spot and got into deep mud and tight jungle. Will post video clip tomorrow.

Here is a teaser image:
five_blues.jpg

Last edited:

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
Why?

OK, you have a smooth dry road to your right and you are in the water on the left???

I don't get it.

Sounds like you are having too much fun!

Last edited:

flywgn

Explorer
OK, you have a smooth dry road to your right and you are in the water on the left???

I don't get it.

Neither do I. Maybe looks are deceiving.

Sounds like you're have a great trip, Scott. We're enjoying the posts.

Allen R

PS On Edit: I forgot to mention that if you find yourselves in Belize City for a night or two, we highly recommend the Four Street Guest House and the Chateau Caribbean Hotel/Restaurant. Grand places if you have to be in a city.

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
We cross into Guatemala tomorrow, and the jungles near Tikal. It will be at least a few days before a reliable internet connection will be available again.

Just for fun, I put together a little video of our drive into Five Blues Lake in Belize.

Five Blues Lake Video

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
I'll take your word for it ...

(about the dirt pile, that is!)

Nice video. Never been to Belize, looks like you are still having too much fun!

Scott Brady

Founder
For more information on why the Five Blues Lake road is the way it is, read this:

Mystery of the Five Blues Lake

Essentially, all of this infrastructure was brought in, a road, signs, ramada, etc. and then even road improvements (we were driving on the original road, which had a cobblestone road bed in many places).

An incredible place!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle