Escape Gear Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series Seat Covers Clearance

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
Hello All,

We are running a clearance sale on some very unique seat covers. Escape Gear shipped us a batch of South African Spec seat covers for the Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series. They are in perfect condition in every way, with one exception. The South African vehicles are right hand drive. The lumbar knob is located on the right seat instead of the left. So we have covers with a lumbar knob hole in the right cover and no lumbar knob hole in the left cover. These covers are brand new and complete. An awning shop or upholstery shop could cut and sew the proper hole for a very reasonable price. So if you don't mind the extra hole in an area that doesn't show much, this is a great time to buy.

These covers are listed at $420.00 for the two front seats. Sale price is $270.00

Sold Out!!! Thanks everyone!!!

Here is the seat cover fitted in an 80 in light khaki.

80 Series Light Khaki 1.jpg

Here is the right hand side cover with the extra hole in grey.

80 Series Passenger Seat.jpg

Here is the left hand side cover with no lumbar knob hole.

80 Series Drivers Seat.jpg

Pricing on our site will remain at the standard price as we have corrected stock on the way.

Email me if you are interested in this special offer. Paul@Equipt1.com

Thanks,

Last edited:

Flagster

Expedition Leader
bump for I wish these were on sale when I bought them but they are the greatest seat cover in the world and cover that nasty cracked 80 series drivers seat we all know you have...

Equipt

The 80 seats cross right over, other than a couple knob and control changes. But the 100 seats in SA are completely different than the US spec seats. Hinged differently, arm rests, bolstering, all different. I haven't located a OEM set of covers to send to Escape Gear to template. Shipping entire seats over there is cost prohibitive to do. So we are on hold on the 100 Series covers until a solution is found.

Cheers,

wesel123

Explorer
Oh so I can run the 80's on 100's and maybe just cover up the seat controls (which I never adjust...lol)

Equipt

I don't think so. The 80 seats are not like the 100 seats. 2 completely different animals. I am going to try a set of these on my 100 just to make sure and I will let you know shortly.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Ours were received like this and they work fine. Paul offered to pay for freight and make the fix, but i never took him up on it because i hardly ever adjust my seating position or lumbar. This being said, we're happy with the purchase and after 6 months of trips, they still fit like a glove and look new.

Another note to add... the controls on the bottom left side rail of the seat for the Drivers side will be covered as well with these SA versions.

Equipt

Thanks for the kind words Dave. I am glad you like the covers. After the left hand side control issue was discovered, we fixed all the sets to have the control panel hole sewn in. We thought we were good to go, and then discovered the issue with the lumbar knobs. Without a way to fill the hold on the right hand side cover, we have decided to liquidate the remaining covers.

Thanks,

Equipt

Oh so I can run the 80's on 100's and maybe just cover up the seat controls (which I never adjust...lol)

I just tried to install these covers on my 100 Series. They do not fit. The seats are just too different. The 100 Series seat backs are taller, the seat fronts are taller, the straps do not line up, and the headrest covers are too short. The lumbar bolstering is in a different place too. Not a good fit at all. Sorry about that.

Thanks,

Equipt

Just to help clarify the seat style these covers are for, I thought I would share a couple photos.

IMG_2968-1.jpgIMG_2966-1.jpg

Cheers,

Equipt

The light khaki set has sold. I have edited the original post.

Thanks,

Equipt

I wonder if these would fit our 78 Series RHD Land Cruiser Paul?

Hey Ray!

I have been staring at the 78 RHD photos in the truck write up, and They just might work. The headrests are completely different, but the seat cover might have a chance. We could try.

Cheers,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman