EV acceptance is peaking

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Doesn't matter if they have chargers at home or not, the videos show them AT charging stations abandoned, I see people sitting in their cars at the charging stations here every day and they aren't abandoning them en mass, yet in the cold in chicago they were so that proves the theory about not enough chargers to be wrong, they were literally abandoned AT charging stations!

The technology of EVs means that people in Chicago and Denver now need to understand what defines "extreme" cold to their cars. With liquid fuels "extreme" cold was more for oil workers in Alaska to deal with. There's a learning curve and to some extent why electric vehicles didn't catch on 120 years ago in the first place.

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole

The technology of EVs means that people in Chicago and Denver now need to understand what defines "extreme" cold to their cars. With liquid fuels "extreme" cold was more for oil workers in Alaska to deal with. There's a learning curve and to some extent why electric vehicles didn't catch on 120 years ago in the first place.

Very true, all this just goes to prove the point that EV's are still a long way from being ready to replace ICE vehicles, yet the government is still planning to outlaw new ICE vehicles in the near future, what then?

DaveInDenver

Another promise of "transportation in the future" that hasn't panned out yet.
We can't figure out how we got to the Moon or how to even keep doors on aircraft.

No way I'd strap on a jet pack until we can figure out how to keep doing stuff we could do 60 years ago just fine.

Driving in winter? Poppycock. Why would one wish to take off the bunny slippers to go to work?

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Another promise of "transportation in the future" that hasn't panned out yet.
We can't figure out how we got to the Moon or how to even keep doors on aircraft.

No way I'd strap on a jet pack until we can figure out to keep doing stuff we could do 60 years ago just fine.

Driving in winter? Poppycock. Why would one wish to take off the bunny slippers to go to work?
Fine. Fine....

No Jet Packs. We'll Teleport.

j_y2fk.gif
space-balls.gif

DaveInDenver

Fine. Fine....

No Jet Packs. We'll Teleport.

View attachment 817927
View attachment 817928
You know, funny. I was just reading about that. Technically when you teleport you die and are reborn in a new place. That seems a little bit worrying.

Not sure how I stumbled on that. I was trying to find information on 22R cylinder heads. So, yeah, add Internet search engines to stuff that once worked and is now broken.

Of course it was my bad that I *did* read and follow links for a couple of hours. I'm not really a Trekkie. Or a Star Wars geek or anything. Not to the point of reading (and indeed even knowing the existence of) the Star Trek: The Next Generation Writers' Technical Manual, Fourth Season Edition as do some of the posters.

The irony posting here is not lost. I'm also a habitual derailer.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Volvo is stopping funding for Polestar.
Its Chinese owned. China’s economy is in the toilet and forecasted to get worse. Thats also why all Democracies are concerned about China’s military behavior. How to be a Dictator 101 course lists conduct military actions against economically more stable neighbors to take resources to allocate to commoners to avoid being over thrown by your own populace👍. Lots of smart historians have explained how this Dictatorship model works with Putin vs Ukraine as the most current example.

Volvo is Chinese owned and partially state owned. 👍

Reactions: plh

plh

Explorer
Volvo is stopping funding for Polestar.
Geely? Partnerships are a funny thing. Volvo owned 49% of Polestar stock, ~10% are publicly traded, balance are owned by Geely. Geely owns 79% of Volvo - that looks like Geely becomes the controlling interest. Their stock PSNY is in the toilet BTW.

The company that I work for sold 100% of our ownership stake in our Chinese JV last year. Cut my international travel waaaaay down.

Last edited:

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Its Chinese owned. China’s economy is in the toilet and forecasted to get worse. Thats also why all Democracies are concerned about China’s military behavior. How to be a Dictator 101 course lists conduct military actions against economically more stable neighbors to take resources to allocate to commoners to avoid being over thrown by your own populace👍. Lots of smart historians have explained how this Dictatorship model works with Putin vs Ukraine as the most current example.

Volvo is Chinese owned and partially state owned. 👍
Ukraine wasn’t invaded for economic purposes…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12

Members online