EXD 350 - EarthCruiser on flat bed

lanceatm

Founder and CEO of EarthCruiser
Room for more, lots of options .
Extra accommodation when you need it. Take your mates fishing or bring the grand kids on those never once in a life time trips.
Or if your in trouble with the boss, the perfect "dog" house.

Attachments

• EarthCruiser EXD350 with RTT3.jpg
    EarthCruiser EXD350 with RTT3.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 15

kmacafee

Adventurer
kmacafee, can you describe the bag you used for the bikes? Was it purchased or did you fabricate something yourself?

Thanks

Bryan
Here is the Amazon link. This bag is designed specifically for non platform racks.
Formosa Covers Dual Bike Cover for Car, Truck, RV, SUV Hanging Hitch Mount Bike Rack Protection While You Transport or Perfect for Home Storage, Reflectors, Fits 1-2 Bikes https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BB3PTYS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_i9uFCbXSFNV9C

lanceatm

Who makes that bull bar/bumper? I'm looking for minimal lighter duty ones (no frills, no winch, etc.) for the newer generation F-250s. Minimize damage if you hit a deer kind of thing.
We brought that one in from from Aus.

Here is the Amazon link. This bag is designed specifically for non platform racks.
Formosa Covers Dual Bike Cover for Car, Truck, RV, SUV Hanging Hitch Mount Bike Rack Protection While You Transport or Perfect for Home Storage, Reflectors, Fits 1-2 Bikes https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BB3PTYS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_i9uFCbXSFNV9C

Thanks! It shows "unavailable" now on Amazon but I'll look around. Be nice to keep the Mag Chloride off of the bikes when driving up and over the hills here in CO. That stuff is nasty

Bryan

Steve_382

I would still like to see something like this on a 4x4 E350 or E450 cutaway chassis with a 12' or even 14' camper box. Especially if you could incorporate swivel front seats into the interior space.

lanceatm

This one is for the Chevy fans (like me) .
Turn key EXD one ton Chevy. No stuffing around changing to single wheels, single cab not to long and every thing one needs to keep out of KOA parks. That is unless one wants to stay in KOA parks.
EarthCruiser EXD on CHEVY0.JPG

EarthCruiser EXD on CHEVY8.JPG

EarthCruiser EXD on CHEVY4.jpg

EarthCruiser EXD on CHEVY1.jpg

EarthCruiser EXD on CHEVY5.jpg

EarthCruiser EXD on CHEVY2.jpg

Attachments

• EarthCruiser EXD on CHEVY0.JPG
    EarthCruiser EXD on CHEVY0.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 24
  • EarthCruiser EXD on CHEVY4.jpg
    EarthCruiser EXD on CHEVY4.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 22

Littlehouse

Adventurer

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
EXD cabin is terrific Lance, but for $185k installed (onto your truck, which is another $XX,XXX), it's difficult to compete with the GXV's AdventureTruck for $198k all-in. Yes, the AT is taller, longer, and wider, but a chainsaw or two isn't too spendy.

Just would have liked to have seen the EXD be engineered to a more reasonable pricepoint, to allow a ~$150k all-in, which seems to be the missing piece in the overland rig puzzle. My $0.02.

adam88

Explorer
EXD cabin is terrific Lance, but for $185k installed (onto your truck, which is another $XX,XXX), it's difficult to compete with the GXV's AdventureTruck for $198k all-in. Yes, the AT is taller, longer, and wider, but a chainsaw or two isn't too spendy.

Just would have liked to have seen the EXD be engineered to a more reasonable pricepoint, to allow a ~$150k all-in, which seems to be the missing piece in the overland rig puzzle. My $0.02.

There is no way this is $185k installed. That price includes the truck I believe. I think it's around $115k for the actual camper portion and then another $70k or whatever.

From expeditionportal's website https://expeditionportal.com/earthcruisers-exd/

"So you’ve fallen in love with the Earth Cruiser, and now you want to know what it costs, right? Well, that depends. The EXD can be purchased in two ways. The first option is as a separate unit where you provide the truck, and they provide the EXD box. That will cost you roughly $110,000 as a flatbed package, or $125,000 as the expedition package with a custom subframe and kinetic mounts. Remember, the expedition package is only available on 2017/on Ford F350, 2018/on RAM 3500, and 2017/on Chevy Silverado 3500.So

So $125k + $60k for the truck = $185k

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
There is no way this is $185k installed. That price includes the truck I believe. I think it's around $115k for the actual camper portion and then another $70k or whatever.

From expeditionportal's website https://expeditionportal.com/earthcruisers-exd/

"So you’ve fallen in love with the Earth Cruiser, and now you want to know what it costs, right? Well, that depends. The EXD can be purchased in two ways. The first option is as a separate unit where you provide the truck, and they provide the EXD box. That will cost you roughly $110,000 as a flatbed package, or $125,000 as the expedition package with a custom subframe and kinetic mounts. Remember, the expedition package is only available on 2017/on Ford F350, 2018/on RAM 3500, and 2017/on Chevy Silverado 3500.So

So $125k + $60k for the truck = $185k

Well if this is the case then their HQ staff is providing misleading info and running buyers away. Late 2019 I was told in person at their HQ that pricing was $185k installed for the EXD package, on top of (i.e. using) the new cab/chassis I already have.
I'll ask them tomorrow and update this space. It might be a few weeks until I hear an answer. Unfortunately it took them that long last time to hear from sales. :( (Better than AdventureTrucks though, still haven't heard from them).

Moreover, if the actual camper/subframe/mounting portion of the EXD (which is pretty dang close to the look/feel of their original EXP cabin on the Fuso, wouldn't you agree?, albeit the EXD has to be a bit shorter because of the longer American pickup nose) is only $125k, then why does the FX start at $399k now (granted, this is the hardtop version I know, but bear with me here--one would think the hardtop FX might cost less than the lifting roof EXP as the FX has no lifting roof/actuators--and the new EXP V8 can't be used for comparison purposes here as it's not a stock FG 4x4 diesel/Duonic due to the new V8/Allison/Dynatrac's/Hero/etc, although the new EXP V8 also starts at $399k)?; https://earthcruiser.com/our-vehicles/earthcruiser-fx/

That would mean if we work backwards, you take $399k (complete FX cabin/subrame/mounting on modded FG 4x4 cab/chassis) - at least $125k, but let's be generous and say $175k for the larger FX (FX cabin with custom subframe/kinetic mounts, quite similar overall in look/feel/equipment to the EXD cabin) = $224k (externally modded FG 4x4 cab/chassis price). Then take a generous $60k off of that for installed external mods like bull bar, brush guard, hitch, ext. range fuel tank, proprietary susp, wheels/tires, etc = $164k or so. Ever seen a brand new Mitsu FG 4x4 selling for over $160k from a Mitsu commercial dealer? I didn't think so. ;)

Last edited:

Steve_382

Well if this is the case then their HQ staff is providing misleading info and running buyers away. Late 2019 I was told in person at their HQ that pricing was $185k installed for the EXD package, on top of (i.e. using) the new cab/chassis I already have.
I'll confirm with them tomorrow and update this space.

Moreover, if the actual camper/subframe/mounting portion of the EXD (which is pretty dang close to the look/feel of their original EXP cabin on the Fuso, wouldn't you agree?, albeit the EXD has to be a bit shorter because of the longer American pickup nose) is only $125k, then why does the FX start at $399k now (granted, this is the hardtop version I know, but bear with me here--one would think the hardtop FX might cost less than the lifting roof EXP as the FX has no lifting roof/actuators--and the new EXP V8 can't be used for comparison purposes here as it's not a stock FG 4x4 diesel/Duonic due to the new V8/Allison/Dynatrac's/Hero/etc, although the new EXP V8 also starts at $399k)?; https://earthcruiser.com/our-vehicles/earthcruiser-fx/

That would mean if we work backwards, you take $399k (complete FX cabin/subrame/mounting on modded FG 4x4 cab/chassis) - at least $125k, but let's be generous and say $175k for the larger FX (FX cabin with custom subframe/kinetic mounts, quite similar overall in look/feel/equipment to the EXD cabin) = $224k (externally modded FG 4x4 cab/chassis price). Then take a generous $60k off of that for installed external mods like bull bar, brush guard, hitch, ext. range fuel tank, proprietary susp, wheels/tires, etc = $164k or so. Ever seen a brand new Mitsu FG 4x4 selling for over $160k from a Mitsu commercial dealer? I didn't think so. ;)
From 18 months ago, and likely higher now, but not double I don't think.

Introductory Offer​

• Base Price - $100K (normally $107K)
  • Expedition Package Upgrade - $15K (normally $25K)
  • $2,500 non-refundable deposit (normally $7K)

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
From 18 months ago, and likely higher now, but not double I don't think.

Introductory Offer​

• Base Price - $100K (normally $107K)
  • Expedition Package Upgrade - $15K (normally $25K)
  • $2,500 non-refundable deposit (normally $7K)

Thanks Steve. Waiting for EC to advise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior