Expedition-ifying a 2000 Tundra

After the regear and new rear axle, before the LT:

Drivetrain and new front suspension, this is the trip where I broke the old shackle hangers...

Removing stuff:

Got a new toy to speed the building process:

That is all for now...the old pictures are stored somewhere, not gonna bother taking more til it's sitting on its own suspension again...these pics are all reruns.

Why'd'ya paint the roof black vs. white?

It's Rhino Liner, to protect the roof from trees, kayaks, and whatever else. White was apparently the only color they couldn't do, and the Line-X shop in Dayton wouldn't even do it because it wasn't a bed, which was apparently all they could figure out how to spray, so...it's black. I s'pose at some point I'll coat it with white paint, maybe that epoxy Hardnose stuff...but it's not a big priority.

thecriscokid

Explorer
Nice to see those old pics.
Somewhat off topic, but you have done just about all configurations of suspension that I'd like to.
Any chance you know what length rear shocks to use with 2" taller leaves?

I guess it really has been that long. Life gets in the way sometimes, but I can't really complain...it's been good. Finally getting around to wrenching again, getting on a few trails. No idea where to even start...truck has no bed, long travel is valved pretty good, it's time to wrap up the tubework and get started on the next project.

No idea where any of the photos were even posted, if they're not still there...sorry. I'll have to get new ones...

-S

Back in business. Can't believe how long it's been since I even logged in here. Did a lot of life things while the truck sat around, waiting for me to work on it. A high maintenance car led to driving in winter, turned all the tube orange, so I said f-it and kept driving it, since I want to change how the tube is set up anyway. It's been good.

Attachments

• ssmb.jpg
    ssmb.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 20
  • top_of_bobbys_hole.jpg
    top_of_bobbys_hole.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 26
  • skidbolts.jpg
    skidbolts.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 22
  • ledge.JPG
    ledge.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 30
  • tamb.jpg
    tamb.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 26

marathonracer

Adventurer
Huge fan of this truck on q78s I've read your stuff on ts over and over dreaming about tubing for them or or the radial tsl 35 12.5 (I guess really measures to 35 10.5)

RoundOut

Explorer
Some sort of mud flaps for rear?

Back in business. Can't believe how long it's been since I even logged in here. Did a lot of life things while the truck sat around, waiting for me to work on it. A high maintenance car led to driving in winter, turned all the tube orange, so I said f-it and kept driving it, since I want to change how the tube is set up anyway. It's been good.

What about some sort of cover for the rear tires, to prevent mud slinging all over the vehicle and attached cargo? Looks like it could really help, except for the weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger