Expedition Overland 2013 Tacoma Build

ExpeditionOverland

Supporting Sponsor
Ben can you ad those routes to our backcountry section on our site? That is the stuff we are looking for!
http://www.xoverland.com/community/forum/plan-the-journey/backcountry-routes/
And we've seen what happens when it gets into the rocks. I'd love to be proved wrong, but with all the terrain variables we have up here, a bike just isn't a smart choice. Here's my last bit of argument so we can get back to watching this build. This is the tire I've chosen to run this summer, I'm doing the same thing these guys are doing.
This is what it takes to make it through everything. View attachment 153182

It's a 34x10.50

There's a lot of swamp that the all terrain tires are going to have trouble with as it is, I'd hate to see you guys get skunked is the only reason I'm saying this.

Benbacher

Observer
I'll check it out on my laptop clay, Alaskans are generally leery of putting trail locations up because people go and shut them down. I've got your number clay so ill give you a call later this week. I'd love to help out. The route you guys have picked, is that set in stone? Cause it looks like a really long road trip, not as much overland stuff. Or was that just the areas you want to see?

Mitubitchy 3.5

Adventurer
... and maybe its a good idea to fit the Rig with a Tire from your sponsor:sombrero:

Love the Vids and hope your Guys have a good time up north!

Stephan

ExpeditionOverland

Supporting Sponsor
Kaymar Rear Bar for Tacoma! PART 1

Well, we are stoked to put on another KAYMAR product. This time on the Tacoma. These bars are one of the best in the WORLD and are manufactured in Australia. They are incredibly durable beefy (possibly heavier than the front ARB Bar) and are one of the simplest installs we have ever done. The fit on our Tacoma was fantastic. We were a bit surprised actually with how easy it was to install. Tolerances are tight, welds are bomber, and everything bolted straight in! We are still waiting for a couple accessories that are still somewhere in the Pacific ocean right now. We wanted to install the bumper anyway for some commercials we are doing and the rear "black" bar really completes the look of the truck visually. We will be getting some combination of Dual tire swing out or Single tire/Jerry can swing. We will be fine with either configuration. Here are some shots of the install. Outback Proven is the american distributer for this rear bar. These swing outs will also hold the license plate. For now we just whipped up a quick holder.

Instructions come with the bumper but here it is in a nutshell.

1. Remove stock bumper ( 6 bolts)
2. Remove factory Hitch
3. Slide on Kaymar Bar
4. Bolt bar in with the 6 bolts
5. Remove tail lights
6. Wire in bumper lights to tail lights. (We found that the wires were a tad short so we added extensions to the wires so that they had plenty of room and wouldn't be stressed. We have sent on a recommendation that the wires be longer from the factory so that they dont need extensions and thus a more bomber wiring situation. Make sure to use heat shrink and good electrical "scotch" tape We will hopefully put up the wire schematic as soon as we find the one we wrote up. Its around here somewhere!)
7. Put lights back in and your off!

Removal of the stock bumper and receiver:
4K4A8248_zps6f59d2e8.jpg

4K4A8256_zps0c37edeb.jpg

Everything lines up perfect!
http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/ExpeditionOverland/media/4K4A8279_zps8d7844bf.jpg.html?sort=3&o=19

4K4A8279_zps8d7844bf.jpg

The Bumpers heavy so its good to be HUGE like Jeff.
4K4A8283_zps2ff458cf.jpg

Great lines that compliment the trucks "lines" too.
4K4A8292_zps73ef0ca8.jpg

Everything bolts back!
4K4A8297_zps4d0cf103.jpg

Wire it up and your done!
4K4A8269_zpsde1f34c9.jpg

Reartag_zps95f0f8ce.jpg

Greatdetaillines_zps3d287dfe.jpg

Lines2_zps5bbae2aa.jpg

Rearbar_zps803edf4a.jpg

Last edited:

ko1featherweigh

Cheap Mod Recommendation

One of my favorite mods bed lights! Using my truck for fishing, hunting, and expedition trips and in and around the truck at night the bed lights are a life saver no more searching with flash lights. less than 20$ for the mod and makes life easier.

Love the show keep up the good work!

34c35fc4-9231-40cf-85e5-8bbe9cc49bfc_zps3d389535.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78