Expedition Overland - 2015 Season

mph

Expedition Leader
Fun, informative episode...It reminded me of how Kurt works and operates every day...gets the job done right, positive attitude, and always cares for the customer. The guys at XO were lucky you joined their team. Congrats...

Fun to watch!

dstock

Explorer
Great stuff!! Girlfriend and I watched last night and are really looking forward to the rest of the season.

unkamonkey

Explorer
I'm sure you figured how it works on your way through the Baja. My neighbors and their kids were stopped on their way South at a military checkpoint. They guys tried to talk to Mike, he just pointed to his wife. She probably speaks a better Spanish than they did even if she was born in Germany. They opened up one cooler for inspection and Mike passed out bottles of water. On their way back North, all of the soldiers were sitting in the shade of the truck. Smiles and waves as they drove by. A bit of a modita but it cost them less than a dollar to be able to continue.

fireball

Explorer
Really enjoyed the episode!

That said, I was a bit worried that the drama was going to be a bit overplayed.... what was the reason for all the last minute worrying and running around? They didn't decide out of the blue to go on this trip, so would've thought a bit more time would've been allowed for vehicle docs and prep and mods and such.

As some of you know I had the unique opportunity to be part of an exciting adventure with the Expedition Overland crew this past spring. We spent 8 weeks adventuring from Montana to the bottom of Central America and the Darien Gap in Panama. Expedition Overland produces a high quality adventure travel series that can be seen online via YouTube, etc. Take a minute to check out the official trailer

Hey Kurt, why no snorkels on the 4Runners?

Pinstripe

Adventurer
I don't think there any production snorkels available for the 5th gen 4runner yet. I know ARB has a prototype and other 5th gens have custom fiberglass snorkels. Maybe that helps answer your question?

??

72238d1348710409-5th-gen-4runner-snorkel-its-here-4runner_snorkel_1207254.jpg

Except for the 1% who actually need one, snorkels are for posers... I'm glad the new show's trucks do not have them, they won't need them.

Anyone who drives an off road vehicle through dirt, sand, water, mud should be using a snorkel for longevity of the engine. There is a HUGE misconception of snorkels only being useful for passage through water. The reality is, most vehicles without a max load that went as deep as the snorkel would be floating anyway.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Fun, informative episode...It reminded me of how Kurt works and operates every day...gets the job done right, positive attitude, and always cares for the customer. The guys at XO were lucky you joined their team. Congrats...

Fun to watch!

Thanks Mike, that really means a lot. Glad you enjoyed the debut episode!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan