Expedition Overland - 2015 Season

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
...Many have no problems, that we get. I have a number of dear friends in Puerto Vallarta that I haven't seen in years. But who wants to be the ONE who plays the game of roulette and loses down there? I'm not that adventurous with my or my family's life(s). Maybe THAT'S why I enjoy watching OTHER people do it so much!!! :D But I do enjoy "north" much much better than "south" anyway. 'cept for the food...:D :D :D

Thanks for watching. The 3 Flags Classic sounds like a neat event :cool:

unkamonkey

Explorer
I'm just glad everyone made it back safely...
As far as safety in CenAm, I rode the "3 Flags Classic" motorcycle rally 10 times on my Honda STs (1100 and a 1300). We would start in Mexico at a border town (TJ, Mexicali, Juarez, etc.) and ride to the finish line in Canada 3-4 days later. A check with the State Department was made each day before the start to determine the "climate" for Gringos. In 2010 they decided to run backwards (Canada to Mexico). There was such an uproar from the "regular" participants that they changed the finish from Puerto Penasco, SON to Tucson, AZ. I and a few other regulars boycotted and didn't ride that year. A 35 year annual event saw fit to never start or finish across the southern border again.
Many have no problems, that we get. I have a number of dear friends in Puerto Vallarta that I haven't seen in years. But who wants to be the ONE who plays the game of roulette and loses down there? I'm not that adventurous with my or my family's life(s). Maybe THAT'S why I enjoy watching OTHER people do it so much!!! :D But I do enjoy "north" much much better than "south" anyway. 'cept for the food...:D :D :D

We rode three Harleys to Puerto Penasco several years ago. I think all of us had a hangover from the previous evening. We rolled into town, parked the bikes, ran a cable through all three and paid a guy running a stand to watch them. It would have taken several big Hombres to lift three Harleys at the same time. We ate lots of Shrimp and Sarah discovered how hot some of the sauces are there for the Gringos. I think she drank every ones Pepsi on the table. All we had to declare at the border crossing was another bottle of Tequila. At least at that time, it was a safe town.
We wonder about Los Algodones but considering how much money is spent there by the Gringos, we suspect there is some pay off going on as there is no drug trafficing going on and my neighbors say there is a good military appearance there.

rkj__

Adventurer
Thanks Expedition Portal for letting me know that there is a new season of Expedition Overland coming online. I will watch it. :)

98WhiteT4R

Adventurer
Yeah I started watching it again. Wish there were some other shows that had decent production values along the same lines. everything I have found is not nearly as interesting.

I know what you mean...the only other good ones I found are by CT4WD but they are not as long. The quality is great though!

enzo

Explorer
I keep getting a message saying I need to be logged in to watch the video. Anyone else getting this?

Airmapper

Inactive Member
It's because they uploaded it early and are keeping it private for another hour till 5pm mtn time

Yes this. You can schedule release so it notifies subscribers when it goes live,but you can still upload well in advance without a time crunch or possibly releasing a bad render before you have a chance to fix it. I wanted the feature for my channel since I like to upload and walk off for hours while it uploads, but still want to preview before its public. But I'm not big time so YouTube hasn't unlocked it for me yet, and I haven't bothered to activate monetization to spoof it into unlocking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle