Expedition Portal at the 2012 Outdoor Retailer Winter Show

FishAll50

Catching the Dream
Thanks Matt for sharing,

It's always fun to see stuff you had no idea you needed. :) Seriously, the goal zero products are impressive.

How does one get an invite to these shows......application, industry membership or ?

Roger

haven

Expedition Leader
Matt, thanks for the update.

Your report would be easier to understand if you include what the item is used for. For example, "rechargable battery." And please tell us the name of the manufacturer if it's different that the name of the product. Thanks.

sjk99

Adventurer
Here's some more images from Outdoor Retailer - Day One
I'm a big fan of products that push the envelope, and especially when they do it in America, with American parts. Terrastrenua is making a lightweight out of the box sleep cot.
MAT_4702.jpg

Carbon Fiber beams support the cot.

Thanks for the report. Did anyone try the cot? Does it keep you off the ground or does your butt or hip hit the ground?

Thanks!

psykokid

Explorer
The new Terra Strenu Sleeping cot

http://www.terrastrenua.com

it uses carbon fiber supports and lightweight durable top. It's all made in the USA of American materials.

View attachment 82544
View attachment 82545

you'd think that before going into a big trade show they'd make sure they have their webiste functional. I know for the toy company i work for i spend a month before every show getting catalogs up dated and then a week before the show updating the website and make sure everything works right..

LandPilot

you'd think that before going into a big trade show they'd make sure they have their webiste functional. I know for the toy company i work for i spend a month before every show getting catalogs up dated and then a week before the show updating the website and make sure everything works right..

I mentioned the website to them today. They said that getting a working prototype for everyone to look at was a higher priority than the website. I agree. If they had a website but no prototype we wouldn't even know about the product at this point. I imagine the company reserved their spot at the show long ago and thought they would be further along by now.

I wish them luck and hope it works out well. It has several features like self leveling legs carbon fiber legs and the ability to turn into chair that are quiet novel for a cot. The production model is expected to weigh between 2 and 2.25 lbs and cost between $250 and $300 dollars.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
travel cot

snip... It has several features like self leveling legs carbon fiber legs and the ability to turn into chair that are quiet novel for a cot. The production model is expected to weigh between 2 and 2.25 lbs and cost between $250 and $300 dollars.

Small enough for moto travel?

Quick/easy deployment & packing?

dentedvw

Wire twister
I was downtown,and saw a lot of people who seemed to have had a good time at the show. Next year, for sure.

LandPilot

Small enough for moto travel?

Quick/easy deployment & packing?

I didn't write down the cots folded dimensions but it seemed to be about 22 inches long and 4 inches in diameter. If that is small enough for "moto travel" probably depends on you and your "moto."

They didn't want to risk breaking the only prototype so we didn't get to try it out or handle it much (prototypes are often made out of less strong but easier to work with materials). Therefore, I do not know how quickly or easily it assembles.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior