Expedition Portal at the 2012 Outdoor Retailer Winter Show

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
I didn't write down the cots folded dimensions but it seemed to be in a bag about 22 inches long and 4 inches in diameter. If that is small enough for "moto travel" probably depends on you and your motorcycle.snip....

Cool, thanks.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
A company called Toughstake makes a revolutionary product that allows you to have a solid anchor point in sand or snow...

The Toughstakes are pretty neat, I have a set I've been using with my ARB awning for a few seasons now in scenarios when traditional stakes don't quite work, i.e. sand. For that intended purpose they work really well. They kept the awning secured in some pretty legit wind storms in the SR Swell last year, I was super worried that the awning was going to get destroyed before I could make it out of the tent but it didn't budge so I left it for the night. Come morning it was still as secure as I left it. I'm planning to include a pair with every awning I sell to supplement the included standard stakes.

Thanks for all the reports, I definitely cruised through and missed a few things.

dstock

Explorer
Yeti 1250

Matt,

Will it it be possible to charge the Yeti 1250 from a 12volt source as an alternative to a traditional dual battery system?

Thanks for the updates!

Scott Brady

Founder
It looks like it. It has the smaller anderson connector as an input. Looking at it, this is a pretty sweet (although expensive) solution. The interesting question at this point (which we will investigate), is if the input has a charge controller. We will report.

I think this could be a killer-app for the entire house system on a truck.

Matt,

Will it it be possible to charge the Yeti 1250 from a 12volt source as an alternative to a traditional dual battery system?

Thanks for the updates!

dstock

Explorer
It looks like it. It has the smaller anderson connector as an input. Looking at it, this is a pretty sweet (although expensive) solution. The interesting question at this point (which we will investigate), is if the input has a charge controller. We will report.

Awesome, thanks Scott. I'm thinking along the same lines, while more expensive, it's potential ability to fulfill multiple roles is impressive. I found a Goal Zero video online that shows it has a connection on the back to "chain" additional batteries together. If the charge controller isn't built-in to the input, perhaps it could be introduced with the "chain" connection.
Looking forward to hearing what you find out.
-Dave

MAT_4728.jpg

This compact stove starts off, and ends as a stainless tube, everything you see is self contained in the closest tube.

Who manufactures this little gem?

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
When the success of your adventure is on the line - when your survival may hang in the balance - your gear takes on critical importance. It's got to work. There's simply no alternative. Do you agree?

Engel builds gear that's designed to keep your adventure on ice. From field-proven fridge/freezers to top-rated performance coolers, we'll keep you thriving in extreme conditions that cause others to head for home.

Listen to what other outdoorsman have to say about Engel. Then, look over our product specifications to determine which Engel is best suited for your next adventure compared to the competitors that try and duplicate all of the premium design features Engel has created.

After all is said and done, I think you will agree - when keeping things cold is ADVENTURE CRITICAL, Engel is your only choice:ylsmoke:

Smells like... well spam ;)

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Goal Zero is also working on a charge controller that is a stand alone unit to be wired in between any solar source and a vehicles battery.

I saw it at OR and it is a clean simple design although the unit I saw was a prototype ready for production.
It should be available this spring.

Regards
Brian

loup407

Adventurer
According to this info, there IS a charge controller built in:
http://www.solarchargeroutlet.com/p62-Goal-Zero-Yeti-1250-Solar-Generator-Kit.html

terrastrenua

terrastrenua.com is up and working. I apologize for the delay. You can sign up to be kept in the loop regarding the cot. Please take a moment to visit us!

Afroja86

Yeah There are two editions of Outdoor Retailer - Summer, being the largest and Winter, a bit smaller, we'll be there this afternoon and can't wait to get started!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior