Expedition Trophy 2007

pismo62

Adventurer
Thanks, Brad for the ice creams. The boys and I really appreciated the treat. We were thinking that maybe you should change your screen name to the Ice Cream Man. We hope to see you again.

Braden, Courtland, and Guy

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Ruffin' It said:
There were certainly people having fun. That is great. But I didn't run into a single jerk - not even close.

Naw, I was just giving BBG a hard time. It really is a great group to travel with.

We still don't know the whole story behind BBG....we just filled in the blanks while we were hanging out at the tiki bar....:xxrotflma

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
pismo62 said:
Thanks, Brad for the ice creams. The boys and I really appreciated the treat. ..........Thanks :chowtime:
Braden, Courtland, and Guy

Your very wlecome. It was a riot seeing the look on your boy's faces when they realized I really did have ice cream. :chowtime: :wings:

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
I'm glad that Fat_Man and Big_Geek made it back to Arkansas okay. That's a long haul, thanks for coming out. And I thought my 8 hour drive was long. :oops:

Hey, did any of you late sleepers get to see the sunrise on Friday morning? It was pretty nice.

Wanderlusty

Explorer
Tucson T4R said:
Thanks for you and Big Geek driving all the way out for the event. It was a pleasure meeting both of you. Next year again??? :wings:

Man, I sure hope to make it next year. That was unforgettable. Dan and I are actually hoping to persuade the wives to make the trip next year, too.

Oh, and thanks for the ice cream!

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Expedition Trophy

Expedition Trophy!

Well after 12+ hours of travel and 4 airports I made it home safely. I can't tell you how good a warm shower and cozy bed felt! I'm sitting here at work already dreaming of my next trip. My two objectives for this trip were to meet new folks and attend the Trophy. I can proudly say that it was a successful trip. I have to say that never have I met such a great bunch of folks. It was a true pleasure to finally put faces to names. If any of you make it up to Eastern Canada or New England area please let me know. I'd love the opportunity to show you arround my part of the world.

I also want to say thank you to everyone for organizing such and incredible event even for spectators. I want to specifically thank BajaTaco for going out of his way to make my travels in Arizona enjoyable. Once the the Trophy and overland route were over a small group of us (BajaTaco, Redline and tdesanto) went on to Montezuma Castle National Monument and Montezuma Well then drove the Broken Arrow trail at sundown. :safari-rig: Such amazing places not to mention driving skills. After seeing how the Adventure Trailer performed on Broken Arrrow, all I can say is that I'm a true believer! Amazing products. Again BajaTaco I truly appreciate all your efforts! :clapsmile

expeditionswest said:
Lance Blair (1leglance) and Pierre (?)

I believe it was Jean-Pierre (J-P).

Ursidae69 said:
For those wanting to get a blacklight like I had at camp to find scorpions, I bought mine at this link.

Too cool. I've got some funky pics that I'll try to download but the quality is probably lacking. I'll know tonight.

Willman

Great to meet ya P!!!!!

Glad you made it safely home!

See ya next year in your rig?????

That would be sweet!

:)

blupaddler

Conspirator
:wings: :wings: :wings: Pretty much sums it all up. :wings: :wings: :wings:

Thanks again to everyone who made this event possible.

windy

Observer
Big_Geek said:
Things I learned at this year's Trophy:

1. Primitive camping in the desert is AWESOME! (Thanks Fat_Man)

7. Sometimes driving a little faster improves your ride through rough terrain (Thanks Windy)

Glad to be of help! (drivin's fun!:rally_guys: )
So glad you enjoyed our lovely scenery!:iagree:
I certainly hope to see you guys (and your wives) next year!

Wanderlusty

Explorer
windy said:
Glad to be of help! (drivin's fun!:rally_guys: )
So glad you enjoyed our lovely scenery!:iagree:
I certainly hope to see you guys (and your wives) next year!

Yeah, I was only able to catch up to you guys when you came to a stop! You can drive the heck outta that truck.

Now, for next year:

1) convince wife to come
2) let HER drive...she also likes speed....
3) learn to time ourselves better in the nav challenge
4) collect win

Ok, with the stiff competition #4 may just be a pipe dream...but ya never know!

articulate

Expedition Leader
The cow is the one, Pete.

Question: did anyone find my torpsnart? It's red with a lever in the raised position. I left it at camp 1 somewhere.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
articulate said:
............Question: did anyone find my torpsnart? It's red with a lever in the raised position. I left it at camp 1 somewhere.

What the heck is a "torpsnart"? Sounds like something you should run away from if you ever come across one, especially if it's lever is up! :shakin:

BMAN

Adventurer
Tucson T4R said:
I didn't take anywhere near my normal number of pictures during the Trophy Event. If anyone got a shot of of my KK trailer on the overland route, please either post em up or email them to me. I will need all these memories as I waste away in my rocking chair in my retirement years. :shakin:

Thanks.

The only pic I got was at the start of the Overland route:
IMG_3742.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle