Expeditions 7: Two Years Around the World on all Seven Continents.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Brady,

I see you are using the Front Runner SS Table. Can you provide some feedback? Do you have it mounted under the Rack for easy access? I'd love see a full write up in OJ about it in the future.

Dgurley2000

Adventurer
How I sleep in the vehicle. Personally, I am a huge fan of a semi-permanent sleeping arrangement with little to no set-up.

Where do your traveling companions sleep? Do more than one of you sleep in a vehicle at a time? Looks like AT did a nice job with the interior. Where do you keep your fishing poles? :)

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Newfoundland has been spectacular so far. I am constantly amazed by the quality of camping opportunities in Canada's parks.

View attachment 102979
How I sleep in the vehicle. Personally, I am a huge fan of a semi-permanent sleeping arrangement with little to no set-up. I just leave the pad, bag and pillow in the back and can crawl in the back. The high roof really helps. In dusty conditions, I have a cover that goes over the bedding. I hook the soft luggage to the lashing rails on the other side using carabiners.

This is very much how I had my Troopie setup, except I left a walk space down the middle to make it easier to move from the front to the back ( and cuz I need some space for my fake leg).
The high top really gives a comfortable amount of space and side to side there was plenty of room for 2 people.

So I assume 2 people per Troopie and ??? for the camera guys?

Thanks for the campsite pics, that is what is nice to see, the rigs & people in real life use.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Legroom maybe, but the suspension on those 79 trucks is a back-breaker by all accounts. . . Think heavy-rated leaf springs! Same with the 78's too.

No broken back here, in fact I'm actually really itching at the feet to drive more.

Congrats guys... What a neat trip! Kurt from your post from Facebook, I remember when I was 16 my dad lent me his massive pickup which I took through Manhattan and had a lot of the same feelings. That is my old stomping ground! Also there is an awesome road from Quebec to Newfoundland that is all fast smooth dirt the entire way and takes you through some of the remotest parts of eastern Canada (almost all of Canada is remote in a way). One to add to the list - takes a couple days to get across and past some of the rural rural hydroelectricity dams all over Canada and the only sizable activity out there.

I looks forward to following this for the next couple years! So neat...

I was thinking of you as we rocked through that area Dre', I think I remember you telling me about your travels through Manhattan. That area is so amazing, so dense, so green, so wet. I really want to get back to Newfoundland, I can see myself spending more time there in the future.

Okay, I've been incommunicado for a few days... where the heck is Brains, Comic, Bounty Hunter, Mad Scientist, Villain and Lover Boy?

Not my nick-names - courtesy of a waitress from a previous post; I kind of liked Darth myself. ;)

The handsome comic (can't let that one escape me :D) has just landed back in SLC. Its been an exciting couple weeks and it will take me a couple days to acclimate back to the regular life and get caught up on work. I've got some neat trips coming up later this next month (CruiserFest & RelicRun) and honestly being part of this E7 segment hasn't quenched a thirst only made my throat dry... I'm ready to hit the ground running on these next few trips and get planning something else. A big thanks to my fellow team members on the E7 trip, it was an honor and privilege to travel with you gents!

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Newfoundland has been spectacular so far.

I am hanging out in Saint John's for the next few days if anyone would like to meet up.

Scott,
I'm very happy to hear you are enjoying our Eastern Canada experience. I've only spent limited time in Newfoundland but it's a top spot. You do realise that no trip to Saint John's is complete without a visit to George Street - famous for all the pubs. Of particular interest are:

O'Reilly's Irish Pub. 15 George Street - you never know who's going to turn up and play an impromptu concert. Many good artists tend to "appear" and put on a show.

Trapper John's 2 George Street - the paraphernalia is worth the visit alone, lest you get Screeched in...

Target Thursday to Saturday evenings and you'll be entertained guaranteed...

Great job on the CBC radio interview!!!

Any chance they have the interview up on CBC.ca? I'd be curious to listen in.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Yet. . . Please update once you leave the pavement. . . :ylsmoke:

We did experience a fair amount of gravel/dirt roads, deep sand, old railroad grade and the climb up and over Engineer Pass in Coloardo. However, its all relative... I've do thousands of dirt miles in my SWB leaf sprung FJ40 all over the western US each year. Some of the nastiest washboard, rutted roads, Moab, sand, salt, etc. I think I'm a fair judge of ride quality in a variety of off-road platforms sans broken back ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12