Expeditions 7: Two Years Around the World on all Seven Continents.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Australia by the numbers: 14,789 kms driven, 1874 pictures taken, 1271 emus, roos, camels and dingos, 11 amazing team members, 5 weeks of adventure, 3 of the most solid Land Cruisers and 1 fantastic time as part of Expedtions7.com*Australia. Off to the airport.

haven

Expedition Leader
Thanks for posting the video, Greg. The track looked greener and wetter than in other trip reports I've seen.

grimbo

Explorer
Scott I was driving just behind you this morning as you made your way through South Melbourne in the Hema Patrol, never could get alongside to say hey

Scott Brady

Founder
Scott I was driving just behind you this morning as you made your way through South Melbourne in the Hema Patrol, never could get alongside to say hey

Very close! I gave that truck up a few weeks ago, and have been tearing about in a GU from ARB. This morning, I was wondering if I would ever get out of the High Country after facing a (nearly) all night epic.
11830_10151860607338275_1734558359_n.jpg

46657_10151859594153275_408832106_n.jpg

Scott Brady

Founder
Looked just like you

Is it very wet up there, heading up first thing for the day around Buller

I ran the Billy Goat trail out of Dargo, then the Valencia Creek track - that was when things got very, very interesting. It took nearly everything I had to get out of there in one piece. Very wet and steep and at the hairy limits of where that GU should have been. The Billy Goat was tame by comparison. . .

Such is the nature of adventure! It is the unexpected that brings the greatest reward.
valencia_creek_.jpg

grimbo

Explorer
Yep can get interesting very quick up there. Had an epic trip with some Suzuki Sierras (Samurais) when we got hit with torrential rain, snow, rivers rising a couple of feet in about an hour.

grimbo

Explorer
Scott I'm still up at Mansfield so won't be able to grab a drink tonight. If you're around tomorrow or the weekend then a beer sounds good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12