ExPo 80 Series Registry

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
1. Year, model, color, etc:
1997 FZJ80 40th in Sage
2. Name of owner/screen name:
Gordon, NM-Frintier
3. How long have you owned your 80 series? Is this your first?
Two weeks! This is my second Land Cruiser but first 80
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage:
176K at purchase add 200 now
5. Your favorite mods... If any:
My Howling moon and OME
6. How your 80 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.:
Overland travel and desert exploring
7. Your 3 favorite photos (keep them updated):

IMG_2850.JPG

8. Link to your build thread:
No build yet
Well that is a really fine looking tent!

Cove

Observer
1992 FJ80 white w/gray leather

Eric - Cove

Three weeks of ownership to date & it is my first

Just turned over 175K

Rack, wheels & tires are my only mods (for now)

So far being used for hunting adventures but future use to include kayaking trips, family adventure, weekend outings & trips to the golf course

update1.jpg
winter.jpg
photo17_zps2c06eade.jpg

Last edited:

offroadkid

1. Year, model, color, etc:
1997 FZJ80 Collector Edition, Desert Dune/gray interior, factory locked, All mods done by PO: OME J's with spacers in front, 863's rear, 315 MTR's, Bilstein's, ARB bumper, 10K winch, Landtank seat bracket, homemade sliders & spare tire carrier, auto up driver's window mod, remote start, tasty stainless steel exhaust.
Joshua Whitgob/offroadkid
1 week, 2 days! Our 3rd 80 with a 100 between this one and the last.
195,620/159,645
So far, Landtank seat bracket installed by PO!
DD, family adventure, can't wait for overland travel!

As of last Friday we are again owners of a Land Cruiser 80 series!!!

Our first was a 92 we owned and sold a long time ago, then a 97 we owned for 3 years then sold and got a 98 100 series. The wife was so sad to see our black 97 go, and never really did like the 100 except for the heated seats!!

After we sold the 100 we took advantage of a great lease offer on a Mercedes ML350 through my work which is a perk of being Master Certified. I liked it at first, but began to miss the off road/expedition lifestyle. I looked and looked for another 100 or LX470 but the boss said she wanted us to have another 80 instead.

TRUE STORY!: A couple Sundays ago, the wife I are looking for a 97 again and found a Collector's Edition in San Francisco that we are about to go take a look at. As we are walking out the door to get in the car and head to SF a lady pulls up in front of our house, gets out, and says, "I hope this doesn't sound weird, but a year ago we sold you Girl Scout Cookies..." at which point I blurted out "Land Cruiser!"

It had been 9 months since we bought cookies from their daughter and when they were at the door I spied a Cruiser on the street in the dark.

She said she remembered us talking about Cruisers and her and her husband were selling their 97 Collector's Edition and wanted to know if we wanted to buy it! She had us follow her to their house, (which is only 2 minutes away but never part of the neighborhood we drive through).

There in the driveway sat a 97 Collector Edition Desert Dune on 315's, factory lockers, and other goodies. We're not religious, but when we puled up my wife noticed across the top of the back window was a Bible verse "Joshua XX:XX" and says, "Look, it has your name on it!"

We immediately hit it off with the owners and stayed talking in the driveway for few hours, drove the Cruiser and decided we wanted it. Last Friday night after work we took ownership of our new rig and we are so happy to have an 80 series again!! I love the gray interior, and the exterior is a real nice color too!

It feels good to be back!!

Only some pictures from the lot at my work after removing some old stickers and adding some from the stash I have been saving for our next one. It's Desert Dune, but in the sun looks a bit gold.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 76
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 94
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

FiftyTwoEighty

I"ll play...and 1st post over here...

photo 4.jpg
IMG_4120.jpg
IMG_3683.JPG

1. Year, model, color, etc: 1996, LX450 (gasp), Dirty

2. Name of owner/screen name: Woody ~ FiftyTwoEighty because I used to live at 5280' and now we live at sea level.

3. How long have you owned your 80 series? Is this your first? Owned since 2006/2007. Had a 100 before, but went back to an 80.

4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 125,000 and now at 203,000 and climbing...

5. Your favorite mods... If any: TRD Supercharger, drawer/bed system, rear seat removal for extra storage, multi-sport roof rack system for our toys

6. How your 80 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.: Dog hauler...Backcountry climbing/skiing/mtbing access in the Sierra and Rockies. Hauls our boards to the beach, our skis and bikes to the trailheads.

8. Link to your build thread: Upcoming...

Last edited:

rjinga

Observer
543660_3814105891419_2061122717_na.jpg2013-12-15 18.42.58.jpeg6 x 4 Gritty.jpg1. Year, model, color, etc:
1997, FZJ80, Two tone silver(?) I don't have an official name for her yet. My initial off-the-top-of-my-head silly name is TLC - TCB, which means Toyota Land Cruiser - Taking Care of Business. [Official name - El Guapo]

Randy Jeffery/rjinga

32 hours; purchased 11-02-12/ This is my first Land Cruiser 80 Series [14 months now]

183+k when I bought it; add about 100 miles [Closing in on 205k now]

Took off the running boards and back mud flaps; probably going to re-install back flaps and buy fronts flaps too; going up to 285/75R16 tires ASAP; moving spare tire to ANYWHERE other than slung under the rear end. [Recently de-flapped and de-flared her]

DD and weekend warrior - trail riding and one to three day camping trips

7. Your 3 favorite photos [up-dated]

Last edited:

Sempertoy

Explorer
Thanks. The mechanic who did my pre-purchase inspection said it was in good shape. I'm thinking of taking her in for all new fluids, plugs, check the belts, etc.

The colors are desert dune and moonglow. Just for future reference. Mine is the same color!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan