ExPo 80 Series Registry

gritchomper

1. Year, model, color, etc: '91, FJ80, Gray.
2. Name of owner/screen name: Sam/gritchomper.
3. How long have you owned your 80 series? Is this your first? This will be my first 80 series.
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 60k on new motor and 200k on the rest.
5. Your favorite mods... If any: ARB lockers, front and rear, w/compressor, rock sliders.
6. How your 80 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.: Daily short distance driver, family adventure, and future expeditions.
7. Your 3 favorite photos (keep them updated):

I just put a deposit on this 80. It was the best value for my limited budget. I had to sacrifice power and other options found on newer 80's but I hope its a good start and base platform. Its owned currently by Extreme Land Cruisers in S. Cal. and I am going down in a couple weeks to get it. I hope I did the right thing. I've never bought a vehicle sight unseen.
91 fjz extremelandcruiser.JPG

Rollingbrick

1. Year and model - 96 FJ80

2. Name of owner - Sheldon

3. Name of rig - None Yet

4. Mileage - 240k

5. Mods...if any - Basic Maintenance (So Far) Black Rattle Can Center Caps

6. How the truck is used - Daily Driver

7. Photo

Yep. Loooong time Lurker.... Somehow I find myself buying a Toyota with 230K on the clock. Took it to a shop near me for maintenance from a Tech (who happens to be a really good friend and owns the place) that swears by Toyota.

Since purchase the following has been done:
Brake System: Rotors, Pads, Fluid Flush.
EGR: Complete replacement of all vacum lines and EGR components, All metal pipes cleaned.
Tune Up: Plugs, Wires, Cap, Rotor, Rotor Gasket, PCV.
Lifter Adjustment.
All Fluid Flush
4 New Michelins

Currently at 242K. Mpg when Purchased was between 8-10 mpg on its best day. After all above maintenance is now between 12-15 consistently. Best I got was 350 miles to the tank on the highway so far. Has been on two trips so far. Nashville to Asheville NC, and Nashville to Lincoln NE. No Complaints at all.IMG_6067.jpg

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
Mpg when Purchased was between 8-10 mpg on its best day. After all above maintenance is now between 12-15 consistently.
Rebuilt injectors help a lot too. I did all the PM you did, then I bought a set of injectors from MAF. Gained another 3MPG and much better idle and throttle. at 60MPH we get 18MPG!!!!!! But at 65MPH it drops to 15MPG.... Also we run 4:88s gearz

jack_mexicali

Jack_Mexicali
Here is my Land from Baja

1. Year and model - 94 FJ80

2. Name of owner - Jack

4. Mileage - 168k

5. Mods...if any - being adding new stuff every year, buy it orginal and you can see the transformation

6. How the truck is used - Mostly to Explore the Baja

7. Photo

Attachments

• New Image 3.jpg
    New Image 3.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC_0107 (2).jpg
    DSC_0107 (2).jpg
    529.7 KB · Views: 94
  • New Image 1.jpg
    New Image 1.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 91

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
1. Year and model - 94 FJ80

2. Name of owner - Jack

4. Mileage - 168k

5. Mods...if any - being adding new stuff every year, buy it orginal and you can see the transformation

6. How the truck is used - Mostly to Explore the Baja

7. Photo

Nice vehicle, what kind of bumpers do you have?

jack_mexicali

Jack_Mexicali
Custome made in Mexicali by a friend . I did the design and he biuld it to my specifications, took ideas from several brands like ARB and Slee and came out with what you see... at the end the cost is around 1,000 USD each, but I like them a lot...
Thanks for asking
Jack

tazzuk

1. Year, model, color, etc:

1997 FZJ80 Collectors Edition, white, lockers

2. Name of owner/screen name:

Kyle / Tazzuk

3. How long have you owned your 80 series? Is this your first?

2 months, first landcruiser

4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage:

172,000 / 173,8xx

5. Your favorite mods... If any:

Ome lift 850j, 863, L shocks, Trd supercharger, Arb bumper

6. How your 80 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.:

DD, exploring Az backroads and trails, overland travel soon

Been a fan of landcruisers forever and finally have one! Owned a suzuki samurai and toyota pickup before it and did alot of rockcrawling in the zuk but needed a change and overland travel is what i want to do so the 80 series is perfect. Plan to build it up and do alot of exploring

IMAG0546.jpg

IMAG0548.jpg

IMAG0550.jpg

8. Link to your build thread:

None yet

Hector

NC 80 looking for adventures

1. Year, model, color, etc: 1995 FZJ80
2. Name of owner/screen name: Jason / Hector
3. How long have you owned your 80 series? Is this your first?bought 04, First 80 series, third 4WD Toyota
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 178k miles then 252k now
5. Your favorite mods... If any: supercharger, new leather
6. How your 80 is used...occasional DD, weekend escape truck, long distance traveler, wheeling machine
Cleaned up shot at a clients garden at sunset
irok001.jpg

exploring the Blue Ridge Parkway
snow007.jpg

and somewhere atop an exposed mtnside of granite with the co-pilot
roadclosed005.jpg

8. build thread...of sorts. more of a recap
http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/280203-rotw-v-1-0-jfz80.html

admittedly geared a little bit beyond expo style travel but thats the beauty of the 80. A swiss army knife of sorts. Now that the outside is built, time to move inside to a storage drawer/sleeping platform, on board air and water and a second battery for security.

jdeitch

1994 FJZ80 [Elsie]

1. Year, model, color, etc: 1994 FJZ80, nasty OEM white

2. Name of owner/screen name: Jeffrey/jdeitch

3. How long have you owned your 80 series? Is this your first? Just over 1 year. My first 80!

4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 231K / 243K

5. Your favorite mods... If any: I've enjoyed doing the conversion from stock to expedition vehicle.

6. How your 80 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.: Some DD. Some local wheelin'. Extended adventures are being planned!

DSCN0261C.jpgDSCN0308C.jpgIMG_8058C.jpg

8. Link to your build thread:
http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/564425-purchased-1994-lc-project-begins.html

FZJ4Fun

1. Year, model, color, etc: 1993 FZJ80
2. Name of owner/screen name: Greg/FZJ4Fun
3. How long have you owned your 80 series? Is this your first? I've had my 80 for 7 years now, had an FJ40 before that and a '85 toy pickup first
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: aprox. 158,000 when purchased, 186,350 currently
5. Your favorite mods... If any: OME suspension, Iroks, Warn 8274 winch, Snorkel, 5.29's
6. How your 80 is used... Exploring the Alaska backcountry with my family, Off Road searching for fish and moose, Daily driver, General wheeling rig
trail.jpg

ice.jpg

P1000120.jpg

Sempertoy

Explorer
I didn't buy this so if anyone interested I added its listing in for sale section http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/96448-1996-Lexus-LX-450-Craigslist-NW-Colorado?p=1291023#post1291023

1. Year, model, color, etc:

Khaki 1996 LX450

2. Name of owner/screen name:

Conrad / CLMorgan

3. How long have you owned your 80 series? Is this your first?

27 February 2013. First time LC owner.

4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage:

~160,000 at date of purchase and 160,xxx present mileage

5. Your favorite mods... If any:

My favorite mods are planned lift, bumpers, sliders.

6. How your 80 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.:

Daily Driver, overland travel, Yeti mtn bike shuttle.

View attachment 146860View attachment 146861View attachment 146862

8. Build thread: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/96363-CLMorgan-s-LX450-Build-Thread

If you didnt buy it then delete it from the registy. Quit trying to pimp that thing everywhere you go. It's annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears