Expo West's Old Taco Gets a Mod to Roof Rack

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
OK

after the bed area project went so nicely, i couldnt resist getting rid of the thule i had installed on the roof for extra luggage and getting something custom done. plus the new rack handles the IPF lights as you can see. Its designed to handle 4 Pelican 1550 Boxes, the lights, and its getting a small addition to hold some folding chairs in the rear part. Also the pelican boxes will have locking metal security straps.

Thanx again to Rob at 4wheelers for some very nice fab work..

toy041.jpg

toy052.jpg

toy051.jpg

toy054.jpg

AFSOC

Explorer
Wow!

Trail Monkey, that looks Great! You are making some beautiful refinements. Hats off, I am so impressed. I love the look of the light mounting portion of the rack...I never could stomach that old light bar.

Terracoma said:
The truck is going to look downright mean when it's done...

:bowdown:

I think all of Trail Monkey's work proves that a truck is never really done. I thought is was done to the max when Scott owned it.

xtfritz

Observer
What a neat rack! I really like the concave sides for assisting in the tie-down for you pelicans. Truly looks stout.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Very nice indeed. That makes it more "Complete" looking IMHO. I've always had a soft spot for that truck (Who hasn't) The way the cross bars are matched with the new bed bars proves the forethought that was started with the build, has continued with it's new owner. That proves difficult when you buy a built truck. You are doing a fine job. Perhaps a teaser of what else is to come?

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
Is that rack screwed/bolted into the roof?

Looks really nice! I like the low profile styling for the floor of the rack.

Willman

Love the style of the rack!

Got any pictures on how you mounted it inside/outside of the cab.

Can't wait to see this bad boy out in the mud!

:)

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
ok, here's the final photo's on the rack. it was bolted thru the roof. scary stuff. but hopefully will hold up well.

roofrackside.jpg

view from the side showing the extensions to hold my folding chairs and table.

trucksidewithchairsinview.jpg

loaded with pelican boxes and 4 chairs and 1 table.

rackwithpelicans.jpg

top view showing locking straps with pelican 1550's in place

rackfromtop.jpg

closeup of locking straps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior