F-150 Suspension recommendations please!

skrypj

One thing I forgot to mention is that the swaybar on these F150's is what makes the ride feel really stiff offroad. I have yet to see a set of swaybar disconnects due to the oddity of the end link. That said, it may be worth considering pulling one end link when you know you are gunna be offroading and that should really mellow out the ride.

Cecald

I can second a recommendation to consider Kings (though I do not tow with any regularity). I also don’t have any experience with any other aftermarket auto suspension.

I have the ‘16 fx4 2.7 and didn’t think the stock suspension was all that bad frankly. Aside from the wild rebound on the rear that is.
Went with filthy motor sports and spoke with the owner who gets to know your expectation and needs for suspension and then makes recommendations, calculates spring rates, etc. I thought that service ($100 extra) was incredibly valuable.

Suspension has really improved the performance all around. There is constructive feedback from the suspension even on paved road but it isn’t harsh. No brake dive. Much more support, no wallow and very controlled. Wish I had considered this upgrade sooner.

jnelson4x4taco

Adventurer
Also, I am thinking about doing the same thing as you with regards to the RTT. I have a Jayco X213 trailer right now, but man, sometimes taking that thing out for a quick weekend trip is a major PITA. By the time to get it ready before and then clean up after is almost as long as the trip itself.

I like the looks of that Accutune, I may check that out more. And yes, it can be a big job to get the camper home, load it up and head out for a weekend. Im excited for a little simpler setup for quick adventures.

I appreciate everyones input on kits and sharing their experiences, thats why I come to this forum! Good info on the crash bars and I appreciate hearing about the end links and potential tire issues,

I dont know tongue weight, but I do know that my WDH levels it out "okay" when hitched up. We just did 1000 miles and I was very happy with the rear 5100s and Timbren bumps. They made a noticable difference and I like that the bumps are pretty much "maintenance free".

jnelson4x4taco

Adventurer
I’ve had the Bilstein 5100 front levelling kit on my last two F150 (2017 & 2020) and I really like the ride for daily driving, towing, as well as washboard. As others have mentioned it’s a little stiffer, but much more controlled and planted. Don’t ignore the impact of tire pressure either. I run 34” Toyo AT and 10 psi can make a major difference. I will run as high as 65 for towing heavy loads because it really stabilizes the ride, but drop to as low as 20 when empty and on washboard. Huge difference in ride quality from 40 down to 20 when driving washboard and a lot less sliding in corners and bumps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like hearing that. Im leaning towards the 5100s or something similar for my truck. As much as I would love a nice set of high performance shocks like Kings or Fox, I think 5100s or some of the other mid range coilover kits might do the job.

jnelson4x4taco

Adventurer
Falcon tow/haul. Adjust setting when towing and hauling, set to normal for street.
New rear leaf pack, or an add a leaf, but I'd lean towards a new multi leaf pack.
Maybe Billy 6xxx series if available but I don't think the rears have an adjustable dampening setting.

My brother has that kit on his 2020 Lariat and loves it. The rear shocks are pretty amazing tech and I wish they sold those seperately.

D

Deleted member 9101

I like hearing that. Im leaning towards the 5100s or something similar for my truck. As much as I would love a nice set of high performance shocks like Kings or Fox, I think 5100s or some of the other mid range coilover kits might do the job.

I have 5100s on my F150 and they are a definite improvement over OEM. I also added a rear sway bar and that helped immensely with on pavement handling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12