F150 bed rack / topper options?

ThundahBeagle

For me the advantage of a hard topper and rack combo were that I could put kayaks, ladders, rooftop luggage or whatever up on top, leaving the bed free for a home built sleep platform system (6 1/2 foot bed) that allowed totes of clothes, food or gear under. Taking my tonneau off allowed all that to happen and grants you more space than just the sum of both areas, just as removing a wall to create open concept in your home does. The tonneau for me a limiter unless I decide to not carry kayaks or unless I dont care what gets wet, or unless I decide to pull a trailer to carry all that

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
So, this is WAY more puzzle than I have time to solve before the trip. The Adarac is going on this time, but will be replaced this fall...likely with XTrusion.

Also, passing on the Darsche awning. OVS is identical and cheaper, so maybe that. But I'm waiting on a price from a local supplier for a Quick Pitch, and I've discovered Taruca as well. Hmmm...
I have an OVS 270 and I like it very much.

Fe2wVFj.jpg

dookie

Observer
Update...

As I said, the Adarac Pro will go on short term. Stake pocket mount is perfect for keeping the tonneau. Likely to be replaced with an Xtrusion Offroad down the line. Rethinking the topper. We'll see how the awning works wrapped around the open bed.

And I pulled the trigger on a Taruca(/Bushwakka) awning. The planets lined up on this one...right side was 20% off, and the importer is 60min from my house with a single one in stock. I thought I'd pick it up, but he offered to drive it over to me personally! Be here day after tomorrow, shipping cost zero. A subsidy of Bushwakka and nearly identical...same frame, lighter weight fabric, no light strips.

Pics when I have 'em. Need to cut out the front stake pockets (!) on my shortbed and get the rack installed pronto!

Last edited:

KB Voodoo

Funny enough, I keep looking at Adarac to haul Kayaks as it one of the very few I've found that is compatible with a tonneau cover. I like you want to leave my tonneau cover on. (Factory fold hard 4 fold - 6.5" box) Most racks use C-Clamps and clamp to the bed rails meaning they won't work with a tonneau. Some good reading here on the subject:

Max Modular has a rack that will allow you to keep you cover, and you can fold it all the way up with the rack installed: https://www.max-modular.com/ford-f150-bed-racks-1/utility-rack-for-tonneau-covers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger