F150 tire size?

escadventure

Adventurer
Anyone know what is the max height tire that will fit on a stock 2018 F150?

I've got the stock 20" wheels at the moment, but I want to replace them with 17 or 18" wheels and slightly taller/narrower tires.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
34" are it. 35" will rub no matter what fully bottomed out. A lot of people run 315/75/17, but if you have the wheel cranked, and fully compress, it will rub and tear up your fender. The largest tire that fits, is really a 305/70/17, and a good choice is 285/75/17. The 305 look a little bigger because its a hair wider.

Grassland

Offset matters a lot. Stock wheels 34" no problems. Start throwing negative offset wheels on there and you can rub with 33s depending how negative you go.
285/75R17 would be the way I go if not lifting, and for that matter, a 1.5-2" front lift.
Also depends on brand. A BFG KO2 "34x10.5R17" is the same outer diameter as a BFG KM2 255/80R17.
How that makes any sense is beyond me.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
If you level the front or do the pinch welds you can fit the 315/75R17 but without that the 285/75R17 is going to be your best bet.

If you do decide to go with 315s you should join the FRF as those come up for sale very often. Guys get brand new trucks and can't leave well enough alone and take off brand new wheel tire combos. I'm sure you could find the same on FB marketplace or Craigslist too.

rruff

Explorer
255/80/17 Cooper ST MAXX is a great tire for your truck. Taller and skinnier while still giving good MPGs.
That would surprise me... have you measured the mpg? The ST Maxx is a durable tire for an AT, and the skinny high profile won't help rolling resistance either. Good for aero though.

I'd bet the Falken is better in that size if mpg is a goal. For the same size and load rating, higher speed rating is good: https://tiresize.com/tiresizes/255-80R17.htm

You are correct. I normally go with standard 35x12.5R17 instead of that silly metric!
Silly metric is usually cheaper, so... ;)

34" are it. 35" will rub no matter what fully bottomed out.
If it's hitting the top vs fore-aft, a mild front lift (1-2") then extending the bumpstops will fix that. Better shocks help a lot offroad, anyway...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan