family hauler

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
im excited, i just ordered my aluminum radiator and windstar electric fans

called the local junkyard today about a door hand for the back barn door, $40 for a used one, i can buy a brand new one for $25

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
i personally havnt seen as many issues but ya probably, in the pickups the frame was the same from half ton to 3/4 ton, it didnt change till you got a 1 ton.

a steering brace is in the plans down the road even though im only on 33" tires, also plan on doing the XJ steering shaft.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
*Thanks for the link mate. I will probably order a new radiator soon. We are paying over $100 for used leaky radiators in B.C. Canada.:Wow1:

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
gonna be like christmas when i get home, fan assembly showed up and my tires showed up (fedex guy wasnt happy about the tires, said they kept rolling around in his truck lol)

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
i dont have much time right now in my life with everything else going on so i am selling the blazer to a guy at work, told him i was going to pull the cowl hood off and the lund visor. so tonight i pulled both hoods and swapped them, also pulled the visor off. while i was doing this i noticed the suburban was leaking antifreeze, crawled under it and it is leaking from my new (cheap quality hose, since they didnt have a good one when i needed it), so the tear down began a few days early.

tonight i got the fan shroud out, hoses, radiator, belt, fan/clutch, and decided since i was this far down i might as well change out the water pump. good thing too because there was play in the shaft. now theres a ton of room in the engine bay lol.

IMG-20120717-00386.jpg

Wes

Observer
Looks great!!! I'm planing on building a cowl induction hood for my K20. I have it all worked out in my head(o; What does the under side of your hood look like. Need a picture for reference.

Thanks!

~Wes~

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
Looks great!!! I'm planing on building a cowl induction hood for my K20. I have it all worked out in my head(o; What does the under side of your hood look like. Need a picture for reference.

Thanks!

~Wes~

ill try and remember to take one tomorrow.

on a side note i will be getting my R-12 recharged (hopefully) next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan