FG with crane, leveling and tire questions?

buck moberly

I finally found crane for my fg. The crane has a 6000lb capacity, is all electric and weights 1400lb. I have it mounted, well on the truck with the subframe for the crane and outriggers finished. I have misplaced the big nuts and bolts needed to bolt it down but it is on the truck and I now have to level the truck and could use a few opinions.

First, do the Timbren rear bump stops make contact all the time? Could I shim one side to level the side to side load? With the crane on the truck one side is about an inch lower than the other side and the low side is a inch from stock bump stop to axle.

Second will 35.4" tires ie. 285/70r19.5 srw conversion fit with the stock suspension? I want to try the Toyo m-608z tires. Suggestions?

Attachments

• fgandcrane.jpg
    fgandcrane.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 54
  • fgsidecrane.jpg
    fgsidecrane.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Hi Buck,

They are available here in Oz for the rear of a FG 649. PM me if you strike out over there and I'll send you a link to the company here that sells them. I have fitted them before.

Regards John.

buck moberly

The crane working. I have not added airbags yet but a 5000 lb plus boulder was handled well. I think the next step will be a canvas cover with collapsable frame to hide my camping stuff and dirt bike.

Attachments

• truck crane.jpg
    truck crane.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 13

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78