FG's in Action

MJCake1

So I'm not the only one to have problems loosening lug nuts on an FG! I had a bar that long on a 4:1 torque multiplier and only succeeded in breaking a 3/4" adapter. For people who change these tires routinely, does it typically take that much effort to loosen lugs? There's a lot of foot pounds at the end of that bar, seemingly more than the 380 foot pounds required on the lug nuts.
I use a 3/4 inch impact wrench with an Extreme Aire compressor ?

MJCake1

Yup, great pics, I was trying to make it down to Expo but cant leave BC until the Thursday prior and it would be over by the time I got there, so my wife , dog and I are going to do a week in Death valley and have been studying the trails a little. Lehel, it looks like you went 'up' Lippincott trail, is that right? and if so. how did the fuso perform? We will be getting to DV probably April 2 and I am trying to plan a good route to maybe include the race track, Ubehehe and Saline valley area, and feedback on those areas would be great.
Good to see you using that rig too.
I was thinking Lippincott also. Is it Lippincott? I did that in my Tacoma last year and there was a very off camber section where I would not like to take the Fuso.?

MJCake1

I was thinking Lippincott also. Is it Lippincott? I did that in my Tacoma last year and there was a very off camber section where I would not like to take the Fuso.?
Camped near the Sweetwater River.

Attachments

• IMG_20180715_203519.jpg
    IMG_20180715_203519.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 61

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
No picture, but im sure i saw Steve4wsaus truck while up at Rainbow Beach on the weekend.
Well spotted!!!!
The truck is parked outside of Rainbow Sea Resort which is where we live now, that is when we are not travelling. Normally the truck is in a shed, to keep it away from all that nasty salt spray.
However we brought it out on the weekend to pack for our next big trip which starts tomorrow!! Heading over to WA again for the annual Nambung Country Music Muster which we help organise.
On the way we will enjoy some time in the Flinders Ranges, Gawler Ranges etc before heading across the Nullabor to enjoy some time in the South West of WA (yes there will be some winery visits)... Will keep you posted!!

Wyuna

Observer
Yeah, i drove pass it, while up visiting the In-laws and i'd thought id seen it before on here.

I doubled back to take in the view from out the front of your place, its a top spot.

Although i do miss the old pub, before it got redeveloped.

Enjoy your trip and have a safe journey.

Spanna 53

Steve hope you have some Crees flowing in the Flnders Ranges we did 2years ago and were disappointed when we came through at the start of this trip in late May the gorges looked completely different when camping in dry creek beds .Have met a handful of travellers in simmalar vehicles on the road madly flashing lights at each other when we see it's not another tour bus or in camp sites around the place no two of us are the same will see you on the Nullabor as we head back to cold Vic in the coming weeks Spanna

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan