Ford F700 Build

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Very nice, very comfortable looking. Congrats. You REALLY opened up that interior. One fear I have always had with ambulance bodies is the space and weather or not it would really open up nicely. Looks great!

hdemetrious

Adventurer
Pass Through

I added a pass through for security purposes mainly, but I also think it will be convenient for us and our dogs. The pass through goes through the shower area so I didn't lose any interior space. I did have to remove the bench in the truck cab and I still am undecided what to do with that space. Please share ideas of what to do with the space. The door is made of 3/4 starboard and can be locked by hand in the cabin and by key in the truck. When the door is open it is out of the way and only blocks access to the toilet.

BEFORE
IMAG0654.jpg

IMAG0668.jpg

IMAG0684.jpg

IMAG0685.jpg

cwsqbm

Explorer
I'd build a flat platform for the dogs, like what Earthroamer offers. You can have storage underneath, and depending on the size of your dogs, mount storage to one side.

ericvs

Very cool build. What if you got one more captains chair and mounted it behind the passenger seat, then a storage unit behind the driver that the dogs can sit on (like cwsgbm mentioned)

89s rule

Adventurer
Everyone has thier reasons for different things, but if it was me I would figure a way to have a folding seat or at least a bucket or 2 for the rear row. But then again we have 4 kids. :) Nice build, the paint really helps the plane blend, I was wondering where you were going with that addition, but it blends in well.

hdemetrious

Adventurer
Thanks guys. I have begun the install of the motorcycle rack. The rack will be welded to the aluminum bumper. The bumper which is two pieces of aluminum channel welded together is bolted to the frame. The carrier will be able to swing either way so that the rears doors will still be easily accessible. I'll be carrying a yamaha xt225.

51B6253F-3E7C-4637-94F4-2BBAD0849D9E-198-00000006FD501344_zps3ab6914c.jpg

hdemetrious

Adventurer
Solar Hot Water Heater

I finished installing my solar hot water heater. It consists of a 12v pump and a panel. The pump circulates the water through the panel and my already existing hot water heater. The marine heater I have can be used 110 or as a heater exchanger. But when I'm parked for days and I don't want to run my truck or a generator so I got the solar system. I started with one panel and it was not enough to heat my 11 gallon hot water heater. So I put another panel and it does well now. On cloudy days the water only gets lukewarm. The panels are on top of the plane and they are 2'x2'. The 12v pump does not draw much power. You can even get a solar panel that runs the pump if you don't want to run it off your battery bank.

photo_zps775a03ae.jpg

CLynn85

Explorer
Wow, this thing has come a long way in a short amount of time. The paint really helped tie everything together.

I'm digging the solar water heater, is that a marine style application?

hdemetrious

Adventurer
Moto Carrier

The winch was installed today. I tested it and it worked like a charm. The winch picked up the bike like nothing. The carrier swung out of the way of the rear doors with little issue. I am stoked that this complex custom mod worked.

E2BFBE1E-D9EE-486C-87D5-6F456B402E6A-351-0000003D254C51B4_zps50cbda89.jpg

photo_zps48ce7daa.jpg

D7D17E38-A544-4E8D-AD49-22D60E274D83-351-0000003D8E86CB8D_zps2af780e1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan