Fridges

jeffsays

Refrigerator

hi ..
i have Haier HNSB02 1-2/3-Cubic-Foot Refrigerator..i pleased with this quality and size...

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
FWIW, I emailed Mobicool about that absorption fridge, and they say the 20C spec is not a misprint. That's all it'll do. Pretty pathetic, and really pointless. Why they even built it I'm not sure. A thermoelectric will do that, for less money.

coleman fridge

I have a coleman fridge and I say spend the extra for a better fridge. the thing cools slow and doesnt get very cold.(only reason we have it is because it was on sale or we won it or some thing.)PS. only cools 40 degrees cooler than outside temp :rolleyes:

Last edited:

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: The thermoelectric's are OK for short trips, while the vehicle is running, or convenient with the 110vac outlet, but

None of them will come close to maintaining that -40deg/diff condition, while on the battery, because every time you open the lid to get some food, they can't recover in a reasonable time--get a good one or use ice

:costumed-smiley-007:safari-rig::safari-rig: JIMBO

VanGo

Explorer
Waeco CF-50

I read a bunch about the MT45, LUNA, Engel, and Waeco. I like the Waeco that is featured below, I believe its the . Where can you purchase a Waeco? Any thoughts on actual performance. The engel MT45 would be my second choice.

Breif review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIxLpItqOMg

Regards,

Van

azyota00

Observer
I understand that the ones sold by ARB or Engle are a good size and have little drawing from your electrical system, I too am not an expert.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
You can buy systems with just the Danfoss compressor, evaporatore and condenser, and build it into a custom fridge if you need something really unique.

I might eventually just get one of their marine fridges to use in my trailer. Again, same Danfoss compressor as the off-road coolers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998