From Stock To Stacked...The Story Of A JK

WFTW

Adventurer
I bought my 4th Jeep Wrangler in January while home of vacation...a black 2008 Unlimited Rubicon.
Jeep1.jpg

Jeep2.jpg

Unfortunately, duty called, and I had to return to Iraq. I left the Jeep in the capable hands of my father, who by the way, was THRILLED to have such a vehicle to tinker with while I'm gone. :) He will be doing some of the installation of aftermarket items and taking it to the shop for others.

In preparation for a 6-month trip across the United States, it was time to get started on the massive customization process that was to take place. Since I will be removing the hardtop and all 4 doors throughout this off-roading and camping adventure, some modifications were going to be very valuable.

First, he stripped the interior.
0820JEEP20005.jpg

attachment.jpg

0820JEEP20004.jpg

0820JEEP20003.jpg

0820JEEP20002.jpg

With that taken care of, it was taken to the shop to be sprayed with Line-X. Unfortunately, I only have a few shots of that.
This is between the seat and door.
Line-X1.jpg

This shows the tailgate.
Line-X2.jpg

Last edited:

WFTW

Adventurer
With aftermarket parts arriving at his door almost daily, my father couldn't just sit idly by and so he installed a few items that won't interfere with other upcoming modifications.

The items to be put on? Well, that would be those from Tuffy. Security is going to be important since there will not be a top, or even doors, on the Jeep.

This is the Tuffy glovebox. When installing this, he chose to complete the optional step in the instructions which secures the glovebox better than normal installation.
TuffyGloveBox1.jpg

TuffyGloveBox2.jpg

Next was the Tuffy center console.
TuffyCenterConsole1.jpg

Then it was time for the Tuffy security drawer. I also have the divider kit for the drawer (not pictured).
TuffyTrunk1.jpg

TuffyTrunk2.jpg

There are many more modifications yet to be made, but I'm currently awaiting arrival of the TeraFlex lift kit before it will go into the shop for a massive reconfiguration. I'm hoping that will arrive within a week.

I'll update this thread as parts are installed.

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
THANK YOU for your service.

You have a great Jeep and a very cool dad!

WFTW

Adventurer
Yeah, my Dad is great. My only regret is that I'm not there to work on the Jeep with him. My Mom says the garage looks like a chop-shop. :D

Tanto

Adventurer
Holly storage batman! I bet all my kids could climb into that thing.

Thank you for your service, good luck and God's speed.

WFTW

Adventurer
I'm glad you all like it. I received word yesterday that the lift kit, bumpers and rocksliders were shipped. I'm hoping those items will arrive by Monday so the truck can be taken to the shop to undergo Phase 2 of the build. I'll keep everyone posted.

One thing that I should have made clear earlier...I'm not a soldier. At least, I not anymore. I'm a civilian contractor for the Department of State and am attached to various Marine and Army unitys in Fallujah. Prior to this I was a deputy sheriff for 6 years and prior to that I was a soldier for 12 years. Wow...seems like a lifetime ago now.

WFTW

Adventurer
The Warn 9.5Ti winch arrived yesterday and the TeraFlex lift kit, bumpers, and rocksliders were shipped 3 days ago. I'm hoping it will be in the shop getting gutted by 15APR09.

WFTW

Adventurer
Well, the rest of the parts I was waiting on arrived today. My Dad took all the parts to the shop today (had to use his pickup to get them all there) and will drop the Jeep off to them on Tuesday.

Here's the list of parts to be installed...

TeraFlex 4" Suspension System w/Full FlexArm System
TeraFlex Rock Guard Front Bumper
TeraFlex Rock Guard Rear Bumper
TeraFlex Rock Guard Spare Tire Carrier
TeraFlex Rock Guard Rock Sliders
TeraFlex Front Drive Shaft
TeraFlex Rear Drive Shaft
True Flow XDI Air Intake
KC HiLiTES Fog Lights (2)
KC HiLiTES Driving Lights (2)
KC HiLiTES Long Range Lights (2)
KC HiLiTES Windshield Light Mounting Brackets (2)
KC HiLiTES Hood Mount Light Bar w/2 Lights
WARN 9.5Ti Winch
Roundeye LED Rock Light Kit
Bushwacker Pocket Style Front Fender Flares
Bushwacker Pocket Style Rear Fender Flares
37" Nitto Mud Grapplers
18" Centerline I.C.E. Beadlock/Run Flat Wheels
EVAP Canister Relocated
Duel Battery Set-Up
6 Military Style Switches
Daystar Lower Dash Switch Panel
Crown 4" Black Brake Lines
Superior Dana 44 Rear Axle Shaft Kit
Daystar Upper Dash Panel
Poly Performance High Steer Kit
Poly Performance Chromoly Tie Rod
Riddler Dana 44 Front Differential Cover
Riddler Dana 44 Rear Differential Cover
Magnaflow Exhaust
Superior Front Dana 44 5.13 Gears
Superior Rear Dana 44 5.13 Gears
Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Front and Rear Seat Covers
Rubber Front, Rear, Cargo Mats
Bushwacker Hood Stone Guard
Bushwacker Rear Tailgate Piece
Bushwacker Front Corner Guards
AEV Rear Corner Guards
Tuffy Security Console Insert
Tuffy Security Glovebox
Tuffy Security Drawer w/Divider Kit
Tuffy Security Overhead Console
TeraFlex CB Antenna Mount
Gas Tank Skid Plate
Hi-Lift Jack
Air Jack
Grab Handles
ARB E-Z Tire Deflator
Speedy Seal Tire Repair Kit
Roll Bar Fire Extinguisher Holder
Roll Bar Clothes Hanger
Roll Bar Mag Light Holder
Fender Well Drain Plugs

That's not a complete list, but it's most of the stuff. There will also be things like a CB, GPS, skid plates, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan