Front Runner Wolf Pack Containers

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
Here's the video you're referring to

http://youtu.be/b1WOCF_e2zY

They even say it's not waterproof, but it's highly water resistant. No bulb seal, and drain holes in the bottom. If you plugged those holes in the bottom, you'd have a "pretty much" dust/waterproof box.

Ryan Matthes

Adventurer and Explorer
I have 4 that go one the roof - can't say enough good things about them. I put a small piece of gorilla tape over each of the drain holes (on the inside) and drove through crazy Texas thunderstorm yesterday at 45-50mph and not a drop of water got inside. I am getting more. Would like to know where to get the high top lids as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SteveG

Adventurer
I see Front Runner had a special on these last Halloween. I wonder if this is a one time thing or if it'll happen again this year.

chmura

Adventurer
I think highly of the wolf boxes and have used them on many trips. Tough boxes but they are not dustproof or waterproof so best stored within a vehicle.

Check out a recent blog post on them which includes a video from Fun Rover: Overland Live: Box It

Prado+-+IMG-20140316-01216.jpg

Where can I buy that higher lid for the wolf box??

Seeker

Adventurer
Owner of four here. Love 'em. The stack and lock, the stay in one place, they're not so big that you fill them to the point where you need two bodies to lift them, and, yes, they can be put on the roof rack, but beware you might end up with some dust in them if you do. Like most folks, mine usually ride in cargo area however they will soon see duty on the roof rack. We usually use one as our "pantry" where we store dry goods, snacks, and other food, and one as our "kitchen" where our cups, plates, cooking implements and eating utensils go along with our dishwashing stuff and some sudries, and the other two have cycled around on various duty.

m(a)ce

Adventurer
Good boxes. Sturdy, stackable, relatively lightweight & decent pricing.

Stock plastic latches will break, metal replacements pop off. That's my only complaint.

u7a9e8e5.jpg

SteveG

Adventurer
The family and I just got back from our third trip with the these. They fit us and our trips very well.

jerdog53

Explorer
I received one as a christmas gift and have yet to use it but i have all the confidence in the world in them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan