FS: Expo-Ready Near New '03 Honda CRF230F - Street Legal w/ $2600 in suspension/more!

SoCal_80

Explorer
2003 Honda Crf 230F -$3500
****New Price****

Reason for sale: Accepting the reality(ok, it took me 8 years to do so, that my wife does not want to ride and that I need some $$ after the trailer I just bought)

This is a near new 2003 bike with maybe 20 total miles on it (if that)! Yes 20! We are the 2nd owners and the original owner bought it for his girlfriend in ’03 and she rode it twice if I remember correctly. I bought it for my wife in December ’03 and she rode it…wait for it…three times. Once on the dry lake bed to get the hang of it and twice up Silverado Canyon rd to Main Divide. She just never really got the hang and never really enjoyed riding. I start the bike almost every weekend, ride it around the block and then run the bowl dry. This was not street legal as it is a dirt bike( not the street legal heavier L version) so I installed a Baja Designs dual sport kit got it plated in California and tags were just paid. It is electric start which is great! In my opinion, this could be the ultimate expo scouting bike or the perfect bike for a smaller male, wife or girlfriend. I am 5’10 and it has PLENTY of power for me and I ride a KTM 450. What I love about it is that I can place my feet plat on the ground which makes any rider feel very confident in tighter, rough terrain. If you are shorter, KubaLink makes a rear link to lower it 2 inches. So, when I bought it I realized the forks were cr@py simple springs so I went to Reger Engineering and purchased their CR85 Expert kit and it now has amazing front suspension (I have the stock forks, triple clamp, etc for the new buyer ). The bike feels very balanced and looks and feels soooo much better. This new setup has never seen dirt so all can attest to is that it rides great around the block! There are many testimonials on the net on how well this setup is on the dirt.

Here is a list of what is on it and what I did to it in the hopes of building my wife a great bike along with what it might cost you today to do the same:

• 2003 CRF 230F (off road model, Not the L!) with almost no miles on it. New bike – MSRP $4999
• Baja designs dual sport kit (http://bajadesigns.com/Products/MOTORCYCLE_PRODUCTS/DUAL_SPORT_KITS/honda) - $459• Baja Designs skid plate – $65 (no longer produced)
• MSR Folding Mirror -$10
• Reger Engineering Cr85 Front Suspension kit (http://www.regerengineering.com/pro..._id=9&osCsid=079c53be77f8a96f0e6fa0a84b837cdf) -$1800 (I bought the kit from then and sourced a set of forks from my local dealer. (They were from a demo bike if I remember correctly)
• BBR Full Exhaust kit – (http://www.bbrmotorsports.com/Products/products.aspx?Prod=220-BBR-1014) – (it sounds great!) The exhaust is similar to this one from BBR. Mine is a previous model. - $300
• Honda Carb kit (new jets to match air filter and exhaust) - $10
• Uni Air filter -$20
• Spare parts – I have a sickness for squirreling away spare parts I find on eBay.
o All the original front suspension parts in the event you want to go back
o Spare carburetor with cables
o Spare jets
o Spare rear brake

Again, other than scratches to the front fender and side number plates, the bike is really almost new. Everything on it (plastics, tires, seat cover, etc) are original and attest to how much it wasn’t used.The only thing that should be done prior to taking it on dirt is swapping the front brake line and maybe an oil change. The new forks are a bit longer so the stock brake line is a tad short. Ok for street perhaps, but not good for dirt. I have the correct oem Honda longer line, just never installed it as we never rode the bike (except for around the block).

I also have a set of riding gear I will throw in. The gear again was only worn 3 times (with the exception of chest protector and the pads)! It includes:
• Gear bag
• AlpineStars Tech 6 (I think they are tech 6) boots in size 6
• Fox pants (men’s 30 in waist)
• Fox jersey (men’s medium)
• MSR Helmet (like new, size small)
• Goggles
• Chest proctector
• Elbow and knee protection

This is basically a turnkey ready to ride deal! The only thing you need to do is install the new brakeline (20 minutes) change the oil (it is 4 months old now with 1 mile on it) and buy one headlight strap that broke ($7 or so). Other than that, it is completely in excellent almost new condition with 20 or so miles on it!
I checked CycleTrader and new ‘09’s are around $3300 and new ‘12’s are $4000 (which are not and cannot be made street legal). I have over $2600 in extras not including the spare parts. That said, I think $3900 for a near new bike that would cost $6600 to build is a great buy. Questions, test rides and offers are highly encouraged! I am located in Long Beach, 90808.
Thanks!
Sean

[/IMG]

More photos here: http://rides.webshots.com/album/582209917npqoOy

Last edited:

wesel123

Explorer
This bike is clean and super nice. Girlfriend would have bought it a while ago if she could touch the ground....shes vertically challenged :sombrero:

Goo luck with sale buyer won't be disappointed!!!

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Almost bought this for Yosh, but just a tad more than we want to spend right now to "Test the Waters".

It's a clean bike that is for sure, good luck with the sale Sean.

SoCal_80

Explorer
Almost bought this for Yosh, but just a tad more than we want to spend right now to "Test the Waters".

It's a clean bike that is for sure, good luck with the sale Sean.

Thanks Dave.
Yep...Someone needs to buy this before i end up giving it to Dave!
Open to offers...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger